diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   DIY Projectors (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-projectors/)
-   -   I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/diy-projectors/59091-i-got-my-new-lamp-commercial-projection-use-people-use-replace.html)

ywh 14th June 2005 12:47 PM

I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

2 Attachment(s)
I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the bulb in the commercial projector's lamp (the "light" part, the refelctor is kept).

Here is some specs:

wattage: 250W
arc length < 4mm
color temp: 6500K
life span: > 2500hr (replacing, not failure time)
ballast: integrated electronic ballast

I am going to replace my OSRAM HQI 5000K. I will post result in a few
days and compare to the HQI.:smash:

18wheeler 14th June 2005 12:50 PM

Wow! it is a wonderful lamp. how much did you pay for it? how heavy is the ballast? can the ballast be used in US (110V) ?

ywh 14th June 2005 12:52 PM

arc length < 4mm

2 Attachment(s)
arc length < 4mm

Dazzzla 14th June 2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Wow! it is a wonderful lamp. how much did you pay for it? how heavy is the ballast? can the ballast be used in US (110V) ?
Probably expensive:bawling:

DJ

18wheeler 14th June 2005 02:41 PM

Re: arc length < 4mm

Quote:

Originally posted by ywh
arc length < 4mm
reading 3.7mm! it is the shortest that used in a DIY projector I have ever seen. :eek: :faint:
Quote:

Originally posted by Dazzzla
Probably expensive:bawling:

DJ

right. but YWH always gets great parts/price. I hope it's the same this time too :scratch2:

ywh 15th June 2005 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by 18wheeler

I paid about $120 for the whole set. It is cheaper
than a HQI setup.
The ballast is 220V, but the manufacturer told me they can make it 110V if I special order a bunch. It weights about 500g, not as heavy as core and coil type ballasts.

Dazzzla 15th June 2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

I paid about $120 for the whole set.
:bigeyes:

18wheeler 15th June 2005 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ywh

I paid about $120 for the whole set. It is cheaper than a HQI setup. The ballast is 220V, but the manufacturer told me they can make it 110V if I special order a bunch. It weights about 500g, not as heavy as core and coil type ballasts.

I want one too!!

how many sets is the minimum order to have the manufacturer re-model the ballast to accept 110V? I am seriously considering a group buy for this 250W lamp / ballast. anyone else care to join? YWH, I will send you an email about this.

how about your NEC XGA LCD? have you solved FFC problem? it would be a killer setup to use this 250W lamp + ellipsoidal reflector + 6.3" XGA LCD.

Megaman 16th June 2005 06:26 AM

Quote:

it would be a killer setup to use this 250W lamp + ellipsoidal reflector + 6.3" XGA LCD.

That bulb is a double ended one. It can not be put in an ellipsoidal reflector.

Do you know how many lumens it sends out?

As for the LCD, I'm also interested.

ywh 16th June 2005 11:59 AM

Quote:

I want one too!!

how many sets is the minimum order to have the manufacturer re-model the ballast to accept 110V? I am seriously considering a group buy for this 250W lamp / ballast. anyone else care to join? YWH, I will send you an email about this.

how about your NEC XGA LCD? have you solved FFC problem? it would be a killer setup to use this 250W lamp + ellipsoidal reflector + 6.3" XGA LCD.

I am gong to ask the manufacturer .........

Quote:

Originally posted by Megaman

That bulb is a double ended one. It can not be put in an ellipsoidal reflector.

Do you know how many lumens it sends out?

As for the LCD, I'm also interested.

change a small screw capin one ended, connect the wire,other ended is setscrew,it can be put in an ellipsoidal reflector.