I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the bulb in the commercial projector's lamp (the "light" part, the refelctor is kept).

Here is some specs:

wattage: 250W
arc length < 4mm
color temp: 6500K
life span: > 2500hr (replacing, not failure time)
ballast: integrated electronic ballast

I am going to replace my OSRAM HQI 5000K. I will post result in a few
days and compare to the HQI.:smash:

Attachments

• lamp3.jpg
    lamp3.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 14,264
18wheeler said:
Wow! it is a wonderful lamp. how much did you pay for it? how heavy is the ballast? can the ballast be used in US (110V) ?

I paid about $120 for the whole set. It is cheaper
than a HQI setup.
The ballast is 220V, but the manufacturer told me they can make it 110V if I special order a bunch. It weights about 500g, not as heavy as core and coil type ballasts.

ywh said:

I paid about $120 for the whole set. It is cheaper than a HQI setup. The ballast is 220V, but the manufacturer told me they can make it 110V if I special order a bunch. It weights about 500g, not as heavy as core and coil type ballasts.

I want one too!!

how many sets is the minimum order to have the manufacturer re-model the ballast to accept 110V? I am seriously considering a group buy for this 250W lamp / ballast. anyone else care to join? YWH, I will send you an email about this.

how about your NEC XGA LCD? have you solved FFC problem? it would be a killer setup to use this 250W lamp + ellipsoidal reflector + 6.3" XGA LCD.

18wheeler said:

I want one too!!

how many sets is the minimum order to have the manufacturer re-model the ballast to accept 110V? I am seriously considering a group buy for this 250W lamp / ballast. anyone else care to join? YWH, I will send you an email about this.

how about your NEC XGA LCD? have you solved FFC problem? it would be a killer setup to use this 250W lamp + ellipsoidal reflector + 6.3" XGA LCD.

I am gong to ask the manufacturer .........

Megaman said:

That bulb is a double ended one. It can not be put in an ellipsoidal reflector.

Do you know how many lumens it sends out?

As for the LCD, I'm also interested.

change a small screw capin one ended, connect the wire,other ended is setscrew,it can be put in an ellipsoidal reflector.

Re: BTW

shlomid said:

After chatted with YWH. I think I would go ahead and start a group buy for this lamp / ballast, as long as I can geither other 9 people.

shlomid said:
you can buy 300W transformer

or You can buy 4 units of 220 to 110 transformer- 70W
for about 12$ each (or less)

Shlomi

since adding $4 we can get 110V version. I would rather go that route.

agent.5 said:
It may be helpful to the groupbuy if someone with more experience can provide links to other items (e.g. reflectors, filters, etc) that can be used with this lamp.

let's see what YWH uses in his setup. I believe we can copy his design and get same items as his.

common setup would be put light center between a spherical reflector and a condensor. the same design is used in the most OHP's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.