I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey Guys, I am A newbe, GREAT THREAD...

I am trying to avoid spending $400 to replace the Lamp Assembly in my Benq PE8700+

The details written on the Bulb are as follows:

NSH210BQA
GH2739
60.J2104.CG1

I know the Last number is the Benq Part #. It is supposed to be a 210W bulb.

Does anyone have any info on this assembly? Has anyone replaced just the bulb?

I know I am a newbe, but after reading a little this is what I have gathered so far as to the pieces of a lamp system:

Lamp Housing/Assembly
Reflector Housing/Assembly
Actual "Bulb" inside reflector assembly

You get a "Bulb" from ywh, soak the ceramic end of the reflecot housing, remove the old "bulb" put the new one in and reglue.

Sounds like a great plan to me, where do I sign up!!!!!!!!!

Hi mbates14!
I know they are very close, both are AC. but I have never seen a UHE.

Hi jck
I can give your cement , if you ask.
are you Judson? from Illinois? speak Algonquian language :)

Hi mrpman
you need a 210w NSH, it is a DC bulb, I dont like replace NSH;-)
I have the DC bulb only 180w, It can run 210w but I wrong about the life.

Hi part2wanksta
it is UHP, it is easy to replace.
do you need a original lamp kit? the price of lamp kit is $150, include shipping. no cage
http://hepweb.rl.ac.uk/PPEP/exhibits/Projector/manual.pdf

Joepapa said:
Hi all,

Victor!
How did you remove the glass panel from the front of the tube?

My Sanyo Z1's bulb has a very solid glass in front of the tube and
I see nothing else that holds it on the bulb, as some kind of a thin white isolation/insulation rubber strip or something similar underneath. I have no idea how to remove it without applying brut force.

Any idea anybody else ? :confused:

Joepapa

Joepapa, Did you ever successfully replace your Z1 bulb? If so how are the results?

I tried to PM you I don't have enough Posts yet so I figured I would post the question.

Hi BoomerBrian,
As a partial answer to your question on if you are trying to get that front panel off is using a single edge razor blade / exacto knife or whatever thin sharp tool is trim as much of the adhesive off around the panel as you can and work your way around it prying gently I did mine using the single edge razor blade as it's fairly thick and could pry (gently ) .
I was a bit nervous doing mine on my Epson 52c which has that panel on the front but with patience worked it around and it popped off of the reflector. I was a happy guy there.
On your inquiry if the results on replacing the lamp will be the same picture quality. I suppose it would depend on a few variables like if installed correctly , condition of the reflector and front cover/ filter, having the correct bulb in which ywh may help you with there if he has the proper info from you.
To me personally ,it's definitely worth a shot considering the alternatives.
Sorry I can't help you much more on answering your question.

Dumbfounded said:
Hi BoomerBrian,
As a partial answer to your question on if you are trying to get that front panel off is using a single edge razor blade / exacto knife or whatever thin sharp tool is trim as much of the adhesive off around the panel as you can and work your way around it prying gently I did mine using the single edge razor blade as it's fairly thick and could pry (gently ) .
I was a bit nervous doing mine on my Epson 52c which has that panel on the front but with patience worked it around and it popped off of the reflector. I was a happy guy there.
On your inquiry if the results on replacing the lamp will be the same picture quality. I suppose it would depend on a few variables like if installed correctly , condition of the reflector and front cover/ filter, having the correct bulb in which ywh may help you with there if he has the proper info from you.
To me personally ,it's definitely worth a shot considering the alternatives.
Sorry I can't help you much more on answering your question.

Thanks for the response. I have skimmed through all of the pages and I don't really see anyone talking about their results. I may have missed it but I didn't see it.

I am very interested in doing this but was wanting to know other peoples experiences first.

ywh said:
Hi elektron
the ballast of hqi is heavy, you have to pay $30 shipping,about.

Hi Dumbfounded
the PDF is wrong, but I have never replace a UHE, no infor about UHE, there are some risk to replace a UHE.

Hi sabrex
I have to waite 18wheeler

Hi jck
yes, JYD/AC can replace your lamp, cost is $60, shipping is $5 and ceramic

Hi TonkaTuff
JYD/AC =$60, shipping is $5

Hey YWH,

I'll take one please... I can't send emails in this forum as yet, as I'm a noob.. ;) Could you please let me know how to pay you and what currency that's in?? s I'm in Australia..

I've alos just realised that the Chassis for the bulb in my projector is damaged.. Do you knwo where I can get and old one, or does anyone have one?? Or is there and alternative???

Once again, thanks..

Cheers,
Tonka.. =]

prime said:
I'm currently using a 150W (osram HQI-T/Sylvania HSI-T) lamp with 8mm(?) arc in my OHP retrofit with SGI 1600ww (only using part of lcd), I was previously using 150W lamp with 17mm arc and there is a definite improvement with the shorter arc so a 3.5 arc will be even better. links for my current lamp:

Sorry to dig up an old post, but are you still using this lamp Prime. I scored one for very cheap and am curious how well it works in various reflector/condenser setups. Is the nipple on the end a problem with shadows? Are you using a spherical or parabolic reflector.

Thanks...

Super new guy here!! I gave up on my DIY projector. Now I am looking to buy a commerical pj. My question is, can any bulb be replaced or are there specific pjs it works on?

evry pj I have looked at to rplace the bulb it is around $300 to $500. I will be using this pj for a flight simulator and video games.

Any recommendations which is the best one for bulb replacement and where do I find the price? And the how to do it. This thread has over 104 pages :eek:

Thx!!

NSH Lamps and Jyd replacement

YWH - help needed - I have read through a vast number of posts and have come across references you have made about NOT replacing an NSH lamp with a Jyd and that the NSH lamp is DC

I note that the Jyd data sheet pdf file lists the replacement for the Infocus LP770 and the Mitsubishi X300 as a Jyd200/AC, but both of these units use 190W UMPRD NSH lamps

I have an LP770 and I was hoping the Jyd200 would be my future supply

Please advise:xeye:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.