I got my new lamp. It is for commercial projection use. people use it to replace the

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi part2wanksta,
Yeah I donned the rubber gloves and cleaned everything with a 50-50 mix of alcohol and water that I keep in a spray bottle for cleaning my guitars and other various things.
I like to keep the latex rubber gloves on hand ( pun intended ) ;o) for various cleaning jobs and such. If you don't want to buy a whole box of them you can pick up a pack of 10 at Big Lots for $.94 located in the cleaning supplies isle, they are surprisingly good quality.
The cement seems to set somewhat fast so I modded a special syringe and kept the tip in water or capped it so I could take my time and work it.
syr_glv.jpg

Figured I would try my small 1500 watt blow-dryer first instead of hauling out the big ole' heat gun. I have an infrared digital temp checker and pointed it at the reflector with the blow-dryer on it before I started and read an average of 170 degrees. I've read to use 200 degrees on some cements so that was sufficient in speeding the curing time.,
pfloydphan asked on the drying time.Took all of about 20 minutes with on and off heat.
Then wired it up and used 400 degree silicone to finish off the electrical connections., just wanted to do a little overkill as it's a habit of mine ha!
4_smal.jpg

Little disappointed in the end result as far as brightness on this Olympus VP-1.
I think my reflector and cage are just plain worn out as I have a lot of light leakage and for a 1000 lumen unit it looks like a 300 lumen...At least I hope that's what the light deficiency is.
I running some thoughts through the old deduction process on the light deficiency , I'm wondering if I may have set that lamp a little too far back into the reflector , I was checking out some of my reference pics I took before I removed the old lamp and it looks like there's a bigger gap between the bottom inside of the reflector and the bulb on my old one.
smaller_focal.jpg

I had it right but it must have slipped closer as the cement was setting. Man I really don't want to dig this lamp out.. Lol!
I was communicating with YWH last week on a cage and reflector without bulb and I'm kind of torn between whether to go with that route or try and fiddle with this one, my reflector and cage is kind of crispy to say the least.
I got it that way with the Olympus VP-1.

Anyway,
This whole assembly has a pretty small area to work in as far as receiver area VS. the lamp and cage so I had to leave the end cap off the rear of the reflector to get it to fit in without hitting the back.
back.jpg

Hey no worries on the questions, that's what this forum is all about right?
Sharing blunders , info and success. I've learned a lot on this forum.
Did you get your bulb yet?

dang that looks like a lot of work lol. ahh. i dont know.

a couple of questions

how did you use the cement. did you put it in the syringe and inject it in through the front or did you go through the back.

gotta love big lots on the latex gloves lol.

yeah ywh may have sent my lamp out today if i understood the email correctly. so hope fully i will have the bulb soon.

i have bought two projectors. so hopefully i will get most of my lumens. the good thing is that i havent seen these projectors with the original bulb so i have no comparison. lol. so no being dissapointed.

hey great pics. is there any way you could make them bigger

Okay will do as soon as I find what folder they are in Ha!
In the syringe thing I heald the lamp in and shot around it from the back so as to not get too much in there and get on the bulb which would be a bad thing.
There has to be a space between the bulb and reflector though . My blunder Ugh..
I'm 'guesstimating' about 3/32nds to 3/16th max.
I waas going to e-mail you direct through the forum on the pics but thought I would ask first .
I've got this EIKI LC-4200 that I got on eBay , much too big for me . Needs a lamp. it has one in it , want it for what I have in it for a project?

Four.jpg

I'll send you the link to the auction I got it from too if you like.
four_3.jpg

to ywh

hey i dont think the bulb/reflector on the lp500 can be modded. the lamp assembly doesnt allow access to one of the wires.

if the bulb you sent me works with the Mitsubishi LVP-SA51U than i will just use it with that

these are more pics of the lamp assembly of the lp500

this first one shows that i cant access that wire
IMAGE_00110.jpg

IMAGE_00109.jpg

IMAGE_00108.jpg

IMAGE_00107.jpg

IMAGE_00106.jpg

IMAGE_00105.jpg

IMAGE_00104.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.