Mini PSone Projector Done! Pica Inside!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
you did the mod to control the red and the brightness?
i have also build a projector with a psone lcd but the image is much more red than yours.
Check my projector here if you or anyone is interested.
http://www.allinbox.com/alapimba/alapimba.htm

By the way..my projector is for sale. if anyone is interested in a projector with a psone lcd allready mounted and like mine let me know :)
Thanks

just wondering if you could post a pic or two showing the light engine side of the projector. curious about the dtail there. I'm also confused as the images of the pj on show light comming from the fan near the lense but the interior shot shows a light blocking piece of wood.

Also am I right in assuming you have no condenser lense in your setup? just lamp > fresnel > lcd > frensel > pj lense (ommiting of course the mirrors)? I have a condenser in mine and it appears to be projecting the actual reflector pattern. I'm wondering if that is the cause. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I will try and take some more photos of the light engine soon. You are correct, I am only using the bulb - mirror - two fresnels (facing each other) - screen - FS mirror and Lens. The wattage on the bulb is 310w 82v - it was a complete strip down of my my apollo overhead projector. Also, i haven't done any mods of any kind. All my photos were taken using the RCA Jack. The Images are Amazing. I'm pretty proud of my little gadget. :D

More Pictures

Just added more detailed photos of my setup. Dissident75, abolutely right, I did have an issue with light spillage. I hosnestly believe that stray light can destroy a quailty image and killing it is the only way. I am a big believer in painting the interior black to block reflections. If you notice, I place a black piece of metal on the side of the Screen this has helped tremedously in blocking light from my focus beam and coming out of the side fan.

Attachments

• pict0016.jpg
    pict0016.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 417
Thanks for the reply, nice job on the pics and pj. I've been doing a bunch of thinking about my design and i am going to drop my condenser, shame though, it looks nice there ;). I hope my results are as good as yours appear to be.

Are you satisfied with the size of the resulting projection? I'm expecting a result of somewhere on the order of 6.5 - 7 feet diagonal at 10 feet. Of course i am using a different lense. With the brightness of your setup do you think it will scale well up to that size and still be bright enough to give a decent picture? Do you think brightness would be an issue going to that size or should i rethink my goals?

My sincerest apologies - I meant to put the bulb rating at 360w 82v (it's your standard ENX bulb). :ashamed: I feal like any idiot.

Dissident75, I tell you what. With my LCD screen, I wouldn't go bigger than 60 inches. The pixels start to get to big for my taste. I mean I could and it's still bretty bright, but the resolution degrades. Maybe with a 640 x 480 panel.

I just purchased another Psone Screen for $48 and I hope to get started on PJ #2. :D

Dissident75, I forgot to ask. Are you still planing on using the 400w mh bulb or not. I know a majority of people are using 4000+k bulbs, but I think a 65k or 10k bulb would produce better colors, since the light is white, as opposed to Yelllowish - just a thought. :)

well resolution aside, I intend on upgrading to the 800 x 480 7" innovatek screen when i have the cash. My main concern is brightness.

The resoution on my panel is low too. But it is good enough for now, My usage for the pj would essentially movies and tv. Now mind you most of the movies are downloaded or compresed more than a normal dvd so I've gotten used to watching lower res screens.

As fr the 400w MH, really if this bulb is bright enough I probably wont bother, even if the color temp is a little off. I can live with the lower life of the bulb if the brightness is good enough. I'm using a standard fxl-5 410 watt mr15 style bulb. with a rated life span of around 200 hours. and for $6.50 online, I cant see the reason to go to the mh bulbs. I hate the idea of screwing up and burning a $40 bulb, I killed an 8 dollar bulb and I'm really annoyed with myself. Instead of the 400w mh, I've been toying with the idea of the 150watt cdmt bulbs. Though someone mentioned that going to that bulb from the fxl might be a letdown.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.