Fresnel alignment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here is my lcd with the fresnels mounted. I'm just in the works to try to assemble it when the reflector is delivered(hopefully tomorrow). What I have understood will there be some kind of rings due to abberation in the fresnel lens, this is then solved by unfocusing the fresnel. So is this worth a go or will it definatly NOT work well?

Attachments

• pict1027.jpg
    pict1027.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 274
didn't really understand your question but....

1. split and unsplit fresnels give different results. each with its own benifits

2. you sometimes do pick up the fesnel lines when focusing. which you will have to adjust the fresnel to make it vanish! will affect your pj image thought!

3. good luck

:smash:

having the fresnels too close to the lcd will make it pick up the fresnel rings (since you're focusing on the lcd and the fresnels are so close, you'll get a "blurry" focus of the fresnel also. Moving the fresnel lenses further away from the lcd will fix the problem. If thats your lcd sandwiched between the fresnels, then you'll pick up the rings since they're too close to one another

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.