5" projector with psone lcd and HQI-t 150w

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ok i guess my projector is done and i can't do better.
Here is some final pictures. It was very funny to build this. i never thought i would be able to do that but i did.
I'm not sure if i could do better with the material that i used but i did my best.
Sometimes i guess the image is a bit dark but other times i guess if i had more light the result using a psone lcd would be bad. So considering the contrast i guess this is a good result.

Let me tell once again what i have used:

1x sony psone lcd (ebay) 75€
1x varifocal 285-330 mm (exclusiv online) 86€
1x fresnel +160 mm first lens +305 mm second lens/splitted (exclusiv online) 0€
1x osram hqi-t 150w (local store) 76€
1x reflector (exclusiv online) 0€
1x condensator (from a comercial philips projector) 0€
2x 80mm fans (1 from philips projector 1 from local store)
1 transformator 12v (chinese store :jap )
1x psone lcd transformator (ebay) 0€
1x mdf 12mm (AKI)
1x mdf 3mm (AKI)
2x switches (local store)
1x plug (local store)

I guess that's all

size of the box: 50cm x 21cm x 12cm.

The total price was between 270€ and 300€. I stoped counting... :toothy3:
Now the final pictures that i took today :D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

thanks for the help that everybody gave me in this forum.

Hi,
im my tests my setup was like on this picture but with the top cover. so there's lots and lots of air cirtulating on the side because it's open... and yes it gets hots that way so the problem is not the need of air.

about the wood blocking the fan i guess it dont' block because as you see on the pictures theres a gap of 0,5cm between the fan and the wood.. i put my hand there and i can feel the air without any problem.

don't really know then bruv. i saw your pics on all in box. very good results. unless your camera is fading your images, i thinn kyour optics might not be aligned. thats why it looks a bit dim. but then i don't owna psone screen so i might be wrong.

either way excellent results!!!!!:smash:

yeah i built my also for fun and to prove to my self that if so many ppl could to that i could too. now that it's almost finished (i'm still thinking in do the red and brightness mod on the lcd) i guess it would be better to use a 7" lcd but well.. it's done :)
If you have the money go with a 7", if you have a psone screen with you then just use it now and maybe in the future you will want to upgrade some parts :)

This post inspired me...

Hi !!! I'm gone build one with a 5" PS One LCD, the original one. Can you please give some ideas ??

I've bouth 200x200 mm Fressnel FL 160+/305+ from exclusiv, and a FL 285-330 mm objetive there too. But I have some doubts now....

1) They recommend these distances:

Reflector + 1mm to HQI + 23,85 mm to condensor + 136,15 mm to fressnel + 285/330 mm to objetive.

But those 200x200 is far bigger than my LCD, shoud I respect this distances, put the LCD just sticked to the fressnel and as close as possible to the center, o can I put the LCD further ?

2) I want a big image, with the XLS program to get sizes, I get with 5" LCD and 12" Objetive a 50" LCD from almost 120" !! Can I make it bigger from that distance moving the LCD or Objetive ?

3) What do you do with the board of the PSONE screen ? Because If I let the board up of the LCD, will it not bother the light cone ?

I attach my idea....

Attachments

• plano.jpg
    plano.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 770
Hello,
they recommend that distances but it don't mean you have to use that exact distances... you should try by your self to see what is better in your case...
about the fresnel with 200x200 you obvious can cut it to the size of your lcd, just try to center it while cutting. i have my fresnels splitted and at 1cm of the lcd.

my psone board is on the top of the lcd. theres no problem because the only important light is the one that touch the lcd so there is no problem.

in this picture you can have an idea..

Excelent...

Thank you for your reply ! By the way, you used splitted fressnels in what distancances each other ? Fressnel + LCD + Fressnel, no ?

And about splitting the Fressnel, if I have an OHP Fressnel to split, but the fressnel is made of many circles (when you look at it, it's like it have circles inside... so, can I split it just in half (Because this is gona loose the circles I think, it's like cutting the circles from side to side, as it's diameter, is that fine ??? Or should I remove a portion from the middle with the size I need ?

Thanks a lot, I'm desperate to build this....

I'm thinking in sell my projector.
It was very fun to build, a challege to my self but i'm thinking in give it a new home. If anyone is interested in buy my projector let me know. i spent between 270 and 300€ on it but i'll sell it for 250€ (unless anyone wants to give me more money :D )
I have checked and shipping inside europe is about 35€ but i have to confirm that...
This will also be great as base for someone that wants to build his own projector.
So if anyone is interested just msg me.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.