DIY LCD Projector FAQ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Negative Design said:
Post #9
can you make a projector from an ARTOGRAPH, they're quite powerfull 60 to 500 watts. im thinking about getting one and im trying to get peoples ideas.

thank you very much.

-jimmy-

I would also like to know the asnwer to this. Ive searched around about opaque projectors. Its my understanding that lens barrels from these projectors are superior to OHP's in the sense they can use a dimer light source? Is this true? I have searched and found limited info on it.

Thanks in advance.

leds

http://www.superbrightleds.com/leds.htm
i read through all the perm posts and discovered alot about optics and light disipation in the process, the idea was for super white led diy lcd projectors, i have found high power leds 4 years later, if any one would lke to do this i will try to fill in with the most information possible and if not we can have a pretty nice discusion. :bawling: :D :hot: i know this is not about the leds but if we can bring them back they may be able to help at least one person. thanks for reading.

ARTOGRAPH

Hi,

Anyone had any more information on using an ARTOGRAPH or EPISCOPE to create an image. It will still need to be back lit to allow light through the panel, but the light source could be considerably less, and then re-lit as it goes out the artograph/episcope lens?

?? maybe ??

ARTOGRAPH

Do you mean the ones the sell in argos and do they work i found a web page with plans that you dont have to strip the lcd but does it really work i would like a reply if any body knows about this or is it bulls****

Attachments

• lcdplan_3.jpg
    lcdplan_3.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 750
Good FAQ, but even my computing knowledge (I have no DIY projector knowledge) is enough to say this FAQ is in dire need of an update :\ 1080p computer monitor's, assuming they can work if you move the wires out of the way, are not horribly expensive anymore :p They'll have DVI, HDMI, VGA and sometimes DisplayPort (those are higher end models). Though they might still be too big, but again I wouldn't know heh I've not had but one (two if you count a TV that was basically a computer monitor) LCD apart, when I had to replace a few bad caps, but I don't recall it using ribbon cables. It's a Viewsonic VX710 (17") and I want to say it used the similar style to the laptop screens, with a pinned connectors and wires, with twin power wires off each side for the "cold cathode" bulb.

The inverter boards for laptop LCD panels can now be found on eBay for only a few bucks! The screens are a bit more, but you can find them for very cheap. Sometimes even a complete laptop, which has a bad motherboard or some such and is sold "As-Is" :) Resolutions are also greatly improved, for at least 720p ability.

I'm sure this is all known though, but for someone interested who reads the FAQ, they might get the wrong idea about things since that post looks to be circa 2002 >_> haha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.