DIY LCD Projector FAQ - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2011, 08:22 PM   #31
diyAudio Member

Good FAQ, but even my computing knowledge (I have no DIY projector knowledge) is enough to say this FAQ is in dire need of an update :\ 1080p computer monitor's, assuming they can work if you move the wires out of the way, are not horribly expensive anymore :P They'll have DVI, HDMI, VGA and sometimes DisplayPort (those are higher end models). Though they might still be too big, but again I wouldn't know heh I've not had but one (two if you count a TV that was basically a computer monitor) LCD apart, when I had to replace a few bad caps, but I don't recall it using ribbon cables. It's a Viewsonic VX710 (17") and I want to say it used the similar style to the laptop screens, with a pinned connectors and wires, with twin power wires off each side for the "cold cathode" bulb.

The inverter boards for laptop LCD panels can now be found on eBay for only a few bucks! The screens are a bit more, but you can find them for very cheap. Sometimes even a complete laptop, which has a bad motherboard or some such and is sold "As-Is" Resolutions are also greatly improved, for at least 720p ability.

I'm sure this is all known though, but for someone interested who reads the FAQ, they might get the wrong idea about things since that post looks to be circa 2002 >_> haha
Old 27th January 2011, 05:39 AM   #32
tvparts is offline tvparts  United States
diyAudio Member

LOL. Great FAQ, but it looks like it's from way back in 2002. I wonder how many of the answers are still true today? LCD projector Tvs type products have come a long way in the last 10 years or so.

Hide this!Advertise here!