Help with InFocus LP340

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, my LP540-Powersupply is dead,
no 5V,3.3V....
High Voltage for the Bulb-circuit is ok.

I changed all caps, optocouplers, the TOP245YN-switching-circuit.
-> no success

Measuring with oscilloscope between Gnd and Drain of the TOP245YN shows very short pulses.
In my opinion, the transformer (CR 0351 573900917) is short circuited at the primary side...

any idea, where I can get a new powersupply, or a new transformer?

Signs on PCB:
E158063 KW0348
410-1828-20

any idea for a schematic?

Thanks in advance

I have never heard of a transformer going faulty in one of these or any Sanyo, Philips or Sony unit. Look for a short circuit diode in the secondary. If a diode is S/C then the power supply will hit over current and shut down, trying again as the equilibrium builds again.
If you can't get it fixed, I will do it for you.

Sorry I thought we were talking the 7200 series in this thread

Was not following every page.

If you contact Mouser and give them the #'s off that device they will research a suitable Xref for it

Just what I thought Mouser would do.. They do have the MR4010 listed but they require you to buy 350 of them at $1.93 each and it has a 12-14 week wait.

That's what they sent me in the quote.

the MR4010 is made by shindengen and they are junk. Anything made by those guys are garbage. Does Sony ring a bell? They used them and they all failed.

Most suppliers arnt going to carry that IC, you will have to look for a pin-compatible equiv or ebay the IC.

yes I already brought the MR41010 from ebay at $8 a IC

So I know nothing about the Sony but what's bad about the chip? btw I ended up getting another projector so I can see first hand what is bad with the board when I have a working one next to it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.