Help with InFocus LP340

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have attached the schematic for the power supply.

Problem is that it's impossible to identify suppliers for some components!

Infocus will give no info. Their line is to send the unit in for repair for $500.00.

What a racket!

If anyone knows where to find T1 in schematic let me know!

Attachments

• InFocus PSU Schematic.pdf
    56 KB · Views: 214
Well it your symptom is a lifeless projector and nothing happens when the power cord is connected, not even the power led lights up, then the likely cause is just the c16 Capacitor. The viper fault is usually when there does seem to be some life in the projector but the lamp won't come on. However this applies to the models AXLP was talking about and not the LP730 or LP340. Not sure which model you have.

Last edited:
I have two Infocus 7200's with the same symptoms. (some activity on powerup, but bulb will not light up). Does anyone know anyone that can repair this? I am willing to send the power supply and pay for the repair. Otherwise, any suggestions on where I can bring it to get it fixed? Thanks,

I've had a similar power supply problem with my MT8 (SP7200). It's been repaired twice, about a year apart. This third time I found this forum and repaired by the directions above - C16 was visibly bad - swollen top of cap. I dropped in a 100uf 35v cap from local Radio Shack ($1.35) and it started right up.

Thank you for saving me more time and money.

man I wish my infocus issue was this simple, mine is a little newer but same issue like all the others, no power when plugged in, nothing at all. replaced all the caps with Panasonic's and still nothing..

Now I'm close to just replacing the power supply with a model near this one, on the power supply it says O/P 5v/0.15A 12v/3.6A I assume I find a board with those specs and maybe swap a few connectors out my projector should be working again?

I think it's a shorted SMPS transformer but not one is really telling me if one side of the transformer should all be shorted..

Your viper100a is missing. You need this plus you have to replace the shorted rectifier secondary diode. Plus rebuild the 13v viper vcc regulator that blows with it.

I took it out and it's not a viper100A it's a MR4010 it would be nice if I could find them within the U.S. however they are expensive because I have to get them from China or the U.K. and at $8 a IC it's not cheap.. once you take it out it's impossible to save the legs.

But it leaves me back to square one.. no 12V or 5V output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.