Help with InFocus LP340 - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd January 2008, 07:53 AM   #31
diyAudio Member

Default mbates..i need some repair on my lp340

im having th issue with a blown power supply.. if you could email me
Old 2nd January 2008, 07:53 AM   #32
diyAudio Member

Default is it that common

i guess its common for these power supplies to go out. i also understand there was an updated power supply for the lp340
Old 2nd January 2008, 04:35 PM   #33
diyAudio Member

and that still didnt fix the original issue. all that did was increase runcurrent / start voltage for a newer type lamp they started producing that was mercury free. RoHS.

anyway, they produced more than one different version, ive seen about 4 different versions when repairing them. SEVERAL revisions...
Old 30th January 2008, 01:51 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to evilroot
I came across this thread while looking for info about the blown power supply on my Proxima DP6500x. Apparently its power board is a VERY similar design to the Astec. The part number on it is 510-1615-06.

Unfortunately, it appears the components are a tad different (despite having the same numbering scheme). The ones I could read were different from those that have already been mentioned in the thread (though some were the same).

mbates14: I don't suppose you know component vales for this board as well? The VIPer100a has definitely blown, as have Q501, D501, and D502. Several resistors in the vicinity are open too. Without values for them there's really nothing I can do.
Old 17th April 2008, 05:46 PM   #35
mincoex is offline mincoex  United States
diyAudio Member

Default LP340b magnatek mod 3979-03-100

"it would be easier if you sent them to me to get repaired as i can fix MOST of them, not all of them and have a quick turnaround time. PM me for details, im sorta backlogged with quite a few of them now, so it might take longer than usual."

mbates14,
Please contact me. Been to India and back trying to get parts for this InFocus LP340b. I would like to send you this board, for repair, magnatek mod 3979-03-100. It works but have to wiggle chord and hold mouth just right to get it to stay on. I think it took the lamp out but have backup. I will not pretend to know anything about electronics, I leave that to you gifted few. But hopefully I can put the board back in. Any help would be appreciated.

Kevin
Old 18th April 2008, 05:00 AM   #36
diyAudio Member

mbates - do you still perform repairs on LP350 power supplies and could you contact me with a quote? Mine blew a fuse and transister a few weeks ago. Thanks.
Old 12th May 2008, 05:20 PM   #37
Bizarro is offline Bizarro  United States
diyAudio Member

I want to bypass the power supply in my LP350 and use an electronic ballast and a 250w metal halide lamp. I assume the optocouplers need to be jumped. I see 4 that run from the primary of the board to the secondary. Which ones need to be jumped and which pins?
Old 13th May 2008, 07:41 AM   #38
jeffdak is offline jeffdak  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

quote:
Originally posted by mbates14
only real difference is the ignition voltage.

there are a series of 5 resistors, and another resistor directly under the ballast transformer that need adjusting/replacing. :-)

This is not spam its just i would like to know the answer

Hi, could you elaborate which resistors exactly and their new values? I appreciate so much that info ..

I have a LP340B projector a new model lamp and power supply no upgraded. (I think in good shape)

Thanks
Old 14th July 2008, 03:33 AM   #39
diyAudio Member

Hey,

i have an exploded power supply on my workbench, too.
It seems that the primary side isn't that bad destroyed, but on the secondary side almost all parts of the voltage feedback are gone.
Can anyone tell me the values of the resistors R 500 - R 507, please.
They are not readable anymore. A picture of this part of the board with readable values would be fine, too.

Thanks in advance,
Chris
Old 14th July 2008, 11:48 AM   #40
jeffdak is offline jeffdak  Ecuador
diyAudio Member

R500 says 1000
R507 says 2431

could you say me the values for R591 R592 R593 R594 R595 RESISTORS?

Hide this!Advertise here!