My Project... some doubts...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I'm trying my first experience on OHP and LCD Projector and I read the forum one hundred times... and still have some doubts. I'm planning to use a 14" or 15" LCD Monitor, and a MH Lamp.

1) How do I recognize a Triple Lens OHP ? Those are always the best for this project, no ?

2) Is 14" LCD better than 15" ? I ask these because sometimes you need to mod you OHP because it has some steel corners over the fresnel glass.

3) About the MH Lamps. Here in my country they are labeled as "Mercurio Halogenado", no METAL, MERCURY... is that right ? I search for some models of OsRAM, like HQI T D 250W M.HALOG., witch is called here LAMPARA DE DESCARGA de MERCURIO HALOGENADO, if someone speaks spanish....
I already read about it should be MORE than 4500 K of Color rating, and >90 CRI to get the best of them.

4) About PRICE, this MH Lamps should last almost 10000 hours generaly, no ? Should I use a BALAST and IGNITOR on them ? Or just the BALAST is enough ?

5) When I replace the original OHP lamp with the new one, in WHAT possition should the lamp go ? I'm not shure if the are double pin lamps, can someone give me a graph to be clear how to put the lamp ? And about the socket type is better ?

Really I thank you VERY MUCH for your help, I'm trying to make an old dream come true with a BIG and CHEAP big screen.....

THANKS A LOT,
MARTIN.

Question

Hello

1, A top of the range OHP from 3m should do it!

2, Dont' remove the steel corners the Fresnel lens underneath also has the corners

3, You need Metal Halide

4, You need both make sure it matches the local electricity supply

5, if you mod the OHP make sure it runs cool you normally need to mount MH bulbs horizontaly and you will need to strip out the old bulb housing and put in the correct ballast and ignitor

6, A good OHP is good to use but get one with a large bed (Illumniated top of OHP) or use a smalller LCD panel (My LCD panel is too big for the OHP bed ) I'm not sure but i think OHP bed's are a standard size hopefully wrong. ( A 13.3" LCD is just right for my OHP)

3- Get a 400W MH, because 250W would not be enough for ~15" screen imo. However, you would need better cooling... If you don' t want to spend so much time on cooling, then get 250W MH HQI / with 5100K color temperature. Do not buy others, just go for 5100K one.

4- I think OSRAM has a universal 250W 5100K HQI model. And its life is about 12.000 hours, its light output is about 20000 lumens. But I don' t know about ignitor and ballast...

More news.... here's what I think....

Here's a JPG of the contruction diagram.... and more doubts...

1) Pn a 14" or 15" LCD monitor, can I leave 10 to 30 mm and still get the screen focused with a 275-330 mm Lens ??

2) Is that cooling scheme enough ?? The LCD monitor is TOO expensive here, and I don't want to damage it.

3) Any ideas how to find IR protection glasses here in Argentina ?? Or any place with cheap shipping ?

4) Is my conclusion about screen size right ?

Sugestions are WELCOME....!!!!! THANKS TO EVERYONE and ACE_3000 especialy, great guy always answering things.

Attachments

• myproject.jpg
    myproject.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 300
Hi Mopheus,

1 - I left 1" between the split fresnels and the LCD, focuses fine although I may want to bring them a little closer sometime.

2 - You'll be fine with 3x fans. Don't forget to have a couple in the lightbox to stop that from roasting.

3 - Can't help you sorry!

4 - Without doing the math, you're sums look about right. Expect about 1:1 ratio with a 15" and 330mm lens.

As for needing a 400w bulb, there's no need provided you get a decent reflector/condensor setup (and you don't want to watch movies in bright sunlight :smash: )

For QUIN.

Can you put some photos of yours ? Are you using any IR and UV filter ? Wich one ?
Do you have your LCD monitor working a long time and nothing happened to it ?

Well, thanks for your reply..and by the way.. does anyone know where to get the SPECS of an LCD Daewoo of 12" monitor ? It's model LM-12TA 120-210. I think last part is the voltaje.

THNKS !

Hi mate,

Still very much 'work-in-progress', I have lots left to do. But you can see some of the makings and very early test results here: http://www.pclincs.co.uk/Forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7086&perpage=15&pagenumber=6

I've only used the pannel for about 2 hours whilst testing. The bulb I use has a built in UV Stop, but I plan to get some sort of extra shield just encase. No IR glass, fans should fine (2x in the light box, 2x across the fresnel and LCD) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.