DIY Company Projector - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 5th December 2004, 02:06 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Pistolen08 Send a message via MSN to Pistolen08 Send a message via Yahoo to Pistolen08
Question DIY Company Projector

hi, I was wondering if anyone has had any experence with the "Pico Projector" on DIY Projector Company . I was thinking of building this, because of the ease of building, and the small size. It accepts up to a 9" lcd. If I did indeed build this, would you reccommend the lilliput vga lcd? i have seen it advertised on eBay as 1024 x 768 resolution. Is that maximum resolution, or naitive resolution? Also, what would the suggested price to pay for the screen?
Old 6th December 2004, 07:58 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

The native resolution of a lilliput is 800x480. The max resolution it can handle is 1024x768.

I'm going to build a projector from a lilliput, and so have a lot of other people. I paid about 200,- on eBay for mine (not exactly sure, it was a while ago)
Old 7th December 2004, 07:11 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Default Re:Pico

too small for PJ,bad Screen Door try 15" and Up
Old 7th December 2004, 02:32 PM   #4
wylie-c is offline wylie-c  Canada
diyAudio Member

Simply not true! 7" Lilliput's are absolutely fine, as long as it's a VGA input model. You won't have nasty screen door with it at all. As was mentioned already, there have been a lot of people building Lilliput projectors, and the results have been very good. A 15" will have slightly better contrast, and slightly less screen door, but not so much as to be a huge noticeable difference. Plus, a 7" projector comes a lot closer to a commercial projector in size.
Old 7th December 2004, 10:11 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Pistolen08 Send a message via MSN to Pistolen08 Send a message via Yahoo to Pistolen08
Smile Lilliput Results

I would have to disagree with you jackson, i found a website with people who have made projectors primarily with 7" VGA Lilliput lcds. (www.allinbox.com) The site is i french though, English Translated
The have extremely good results with these lcds. I wanted to keep the size small, this is why i choose the "pico" from DIY PJ Co.
Old 7th December 2004, 10:42 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

it all matters on how large of a projection you want...myself, I wouldn't go above 100" with less than xga native. More than 10 feet away from the screen (to help visibility of screen door) is also a waste of room and defeats the purpose of having an increased screen size - unless you're trying to fit 50 people into a room

Hide this!Advertise here!