DIY Video Projector Part II - Page 52 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st August 2002, 08:36 PM   #511
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Mario007
Umm most overhead projectors do use an fresnel light before the lcd to spread the light evenly to avoid hot spotting. Cowan I have a computer that is setup using apache webserver I would be willing to host or mirror your site if you want.
Ok thats what I thought, I knew OHPs use them but I wont be using an OHP. Well I guess all I need then is a good lens. Im not picky on quality, just something to play my video games on at night
Old 1st August 2002, 08:45 PM   #512
cowanrg is offline cowanrg  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cowanrg
possibly. i have the site done, and hosting done, it just got pulled because of some disputes with my hosting over traffic...

this site pulls a LOT of people when its up. i think i was doing like 4K page visits a day near the end. i forgot how much bandwidth was used, but its more than a cable/dsl can handle for sure. it was in the multiple GB/month range.

ill get it back up and see if i need a mirror. where you located?

Quote:
Originally posted by Mario007
Umm most overhead projectors do use an fresnel light before the lcd to spread the light evenly to avoid hot spotting. Cowan I have a computer that is setup using apache webserver I would be willing to host or mirror your site if you want.
Old 1st August 2002, 09:19 PM   #513
diyAudio Member

I live in Portland, Oregon west coast. Wow that sure is a lot of bandwidth. You might look into compressing your images a lot. Possibly a non intrusive banner ad would help you pay for your hosting? I will host as much bandwidth as I can for free in the name of diy projection. 320k upload.
Old 1st August 2002, 09:21 PM   #514
diyAudio Member

nah, not near enough bandwidth thanks.

hosting is paid for. no worries there. its all setup, i just need time really...

images are compressed, max one is like 80k i think. trust me, its just a big site with a lot of visitors... thats all. once its up its fine. my hosting is like 100GB/month (i almost reached it the last month it was up :-)
Old 2nd August 2002, 02:40 AM   #515
diyAudio Member

Cowanrg,
How do you know that Zork5150`s projector doesn`t work? Have you tried it or something? It seems like it WOULD work. Any reason you believe otherwise?

Mitch
Old 2nd August 2002, 03:40 AM   #516
diyAudio Member

Simply because the lights of america flourcesents aren't very high lumen which means you would have to have an awsome reflector for them. Plus his lens is a crt lens which means as was already pointed out would give an out of focus look on the outside edges. But maybe he figured some way around that. Bending his lcd panel JK.
Old 2nd August 2002, 03:55 AM   #517
diyAudio Member

Default zark

zark's idea was quite similar to my first idea, as i was browsing my partsexpress catalog and saw the cheap auto lcds. if you look at the screenshots on his site, you will see that they suck a$$. bright in the middle, dim in distorted on the edges. its like the video version of a bagel. the crt lens forces you to put the lcd within 1"--actually less--of the lens. i busted apart a fuji crt lens i got for 6 bucks and there are actually some potentially usable elements inside. read the original thread--it's all inthere
Old 2nd August 2002, 04:20 AM   #518
diyAudio Member

So his lens, the Delta IV, is no good for projecting?

Mitch
Old 2nd August 2002, 04:44 AM   #519
diyAudio Member

Default delt iv

buy one and try it , if you like. they're pretty cheap. apparently, they made a lot of these at some point. edmund has beesn selling them for years. i beleive theyre from the old scool huge front projection tv's of years ago. nothing wrong with them, but not really what we're looking for
Old 2nd August 2002, 05:45 AM   #520
diyAudio Member

uh, no... they ahve been tested MANY times, and proven to not work. the inside will be focused, but outside will be blurry. or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mitch
So his lens, the Delta IV, is no good for projecting?

Mitch

Hide this!Advertise here!