DIY Video Projector Part II - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd July 2002, 06:17 PM   #101
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Default Video Forums Created

The video sections have now been created. Threads will be moved to their relevant sections as time permits, and things nicened up a little.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/forum...php?forumid=12
Old 3rd July 2002, 06:33 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

Default projector submission form

This is just a start, but I have a form where you can submit your projector details, your name (alias), location and website and I'll add the information to a page with pooled info. Hopefully this collection will help new users and current users evaluate setups and order parts.

Check out the form

Check out the Results (so far)

oh, and btw, any and i mean any criticisms and suggestions are welcome. i realize this is a really basic form.
Old 3rd July 2002, 07:35 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

Default Thanks

Thanks Biteon for your awsome reply!
Old 3rd July 2002, 07:57 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

Default note to people

i have not tested my theory ,there for im not sure it works. but i should be done making and testing with in the next week cause i think i found a store in my town that has low-e glass in stock.im gona go cheak it out to day.the guy at the store said it gots a little tint to it and a little reflective on one side so im thinking that may be a problem cause tint is usally plastic and may melt, but the reflective side i think might not be a problem if i face it toward
the lcd panel. well in a hour im gona go cheak it out. ill tell you guys more on what i think of it after i see it.
Old 3rd July 2002, 08:13 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

Default parts

biteon, can you post the links where you got all your parts? thanks
Old 3rd July 2002, 08:19 PM   #106
diyAudio Member

Default LCD

Does anyone know where i can find a 5 inch or smaller 16:9 LCD?
Old 3rd July 2002, 08:53 PM   #107
diyAudio Member

Where can low e glass be purchased, and at what cost?

Marklar, what is the diameter of the lens/aperature on your light source?
Old 3rd July 2002, 11:18 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

i got this stuff

at ebay i got this:
warbirdrelics.com Description: NEW F-1 Delta IV Projector Lens
Price: $25.00
STARAUDIO@AOL.COM. THIS IS A 5.6" COLOR LCD MONITOR WITH FULL FUNCTION REMOTE CONTROL. COLOR, BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST, AND POWER ON/OFF CAN BE ADJUSTED BY REMOTE CONTROL OR MANUALLY BY THE FRONT CONTROL BUTTONS. THIS MONITOR HAS A HIGH RESOLUTION OF 960 X 234 DOTS AND HAS A DOUBLE VIDEO INPUT. IT WORKS ON A 12 VOLTS POWER SUPPLY AND IS AUTO PAL/NTSC. CAN BE CONNECTED TO DVD, VCR, PLAYSTATIONS 1-2, TV TUNER OR CAMCORDERS. SHIPPING AND HANDLING IS $16.00 WITHIN THE USA. WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MONITOR. $130.00

then i got this at the local stores:
two fresnel 8x11 (page magnifier) $5.00 each @ staples
flat black spray paint $5.00 about@ ace
roofing sheet metal $? @my house
one pack of 12"x12" mirrors 6 in a pack @ rite aid for$about $15.00
one sheet of 1/4" 4'x8' board @ my house $0.00 for you maybe $15.00 @home depot
3/4" screws @home depot $?
havac duct pipe thingy @ ace $? metal pipe or sheet metal etc. will work.
jig saw $?
glass cutter @ace $5.00
metal snips@ace $?
wire@radio shack$?
computer power supply? $?
extention cord@ ace $?

400watt metal halide bulb ms400/u ,mogul base socket,& ballast @electric distributers in gilroy but you can by one on ebay for less that $100.00 look at grow light section or metal halide.
and a soddering thing@ radio shack$?
and 1/4" low-e glass at home depot (they may have to order it)$?
and three 3" fans @radio shack $15.00 each it's a rip of i no but i should have when to a old computer salvage place and probly get them for $2.00 each

and then i still think you should think about what your doing cause for one i think i need some better stuff for instants a higher res. lcd panel cause when playing wide screen movies its not perfect due to lack of res. and same gose with those guys at the small diy projection forum, cause they're using low res. lcds.but i havent been there for a while maybe they found something that works.
Old 4th July 2002, 12:07 AM   #109
diyAudio Member

Wow thanks for all the info! I can't seem to find a lens anywhere and i still really want to use a 16:9 format. Any way I could make a lens big enough for a 7" LCD using a large magnafying glass? Or should i try just using a fresnel?
Old 4th July 2002, 01:00 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

some of the guys said that the lens(es) have to at least be as big as the lcd but i think thats a crock of $h*t. they say that they cant get the full lcd to display,but when i used a 2" lens with my 27"t.v. along time ago,it displayed the whole screen.
the only reson why i got the deltaIV lens is cause i was stuppid and thought it had zoom capabilitys. i do agree that bigger and glass is better but for different reasons. why do i think bigger is better cause more room for more light to pass through. look up pin hole projection. i projected my computer 19"moniter through a 1/8"pin hole and 2" away on to a paper it projected the whole moniter screen(small and fade but the whole screen projected), there for im right there wrong well thats what i think. kinda like the ohp project some people are doing. the lens is only about 3"D. and there lcd i more than 8".
i no that my lens setup that i have has that problem with getting the whole screen but i think its because i can sorten the housing enough to ajust it to work the whole screen.
plastic lenses some work some suck and some dont work.

but after telling you this i really dont no what you should do or lens you should hook up with. maybe some one else can help you like undream or some one.

Hide this!Advertise here!