The Video Projector Wiki - Your projector reference guide - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th June 2002, 05:23 PM   #1
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Default Video Projector WikiWeb

<a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=Video">The Video Projector WikiWeb is here</a>!

If you don't know what a Wiki is or would like to know more, please check out the main <a href="http://www.diyaudio.com/wiki/index.php?page=diyAudioWiki">diyAudio Wiki Page</a>.
Old 26th June 2002, 12:52 PM   #2
gav is offline gav
diyAudio Member

Default :)

is that what u mean jason? i've started editing the links i put in the main categories - i wasn't sure about the ebay ones but i suppose they r good for 90 days....
i just put hommie.net and dreamlashes main links and deleted the individual photos - all the photos can be accessed from their main pages (i had to display all 4 of mine cos u cant get 2 them from my website!!)
Old 26th June 2002, 01:03 PM   #3
Jason is offline Jason  Australia
:)
diyAudio Administrator

Hi Gav,

Mate you are a legend Nice work!

By default, image links used to show the actual image. I have turned that off for now, you can imagine what the page looked like with it turned on. Down the line we can make it easier to include actual images in the Wiki.
Old 27th June 2002, 05:44 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

i read up on "wikis" and made the peoples web links just show their name and added a few. otherwise if i found more links to things like www.hommie.net i removed them since they too are accessible from the web sites.
Old 28th June 2002, 05:10 PM   #5
gav is offline gav
diyAudio Member

hey jason - would u prefer that a link that goes 2 a piece of info that isn't valid anymore (ie, a too small a wattage bulb or a lcd panel not suited) be erased??
Old 28th June 2002, 06:24 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

gav,

i was wondering the same thing myself and also about the possible subjectivity of the situation. what if all the supposed "invalid" links are put at the bottom in a section for "invalid" and after a week if no one complains, they can be trashed. of course some would be obvious junk so i say just delete those.

btw, are me and you the only wiki ed's out there?
Old 28th June 2002, 07:01 PM   #7
cowanrg is offline cowanrg  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to cowanrg
ah, the downsides to wiki.

its a great idea, but sometimes it can be a pain in the a**.

as per the links, i think people should maybe just post links more wisely... like, enough with the polysilicon panel links... we know they rule. but once again, the question of subjectivity comes up.
Old 30th June 2002, 08:39 AM   #8
gav is offline gav
diyAudio Member

sounds good superzoboo, there's alot of crap in there that can go - just a matter of time before it's done

i'm editing because this way i'm contributing to this site which has helped me so much...

do ya think that'll give everyone else a guilt trip and help ??
hehehe

BTW it might be a good idea if anyone else finds a link to a particular item to put it straight into the wikki, save doing it again in 6 months time when the part 2 thread gets closed down
Old 1st July 2002, 02:33 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

Default outdated items

Items that are outdated or invalid or of no use anymore should be kept and labled as so.
If they are erased (mainly lcd's and bulbs) people might forget they were already counted out or newbies might think they found some untried lcd and try them again.
Its good to know what doesn't work just as a reminder.
Old 25th July 2002, 05:24 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Hi, I noticed some things were labeled "MOVED".

I don't see the old "DIY Small Panel Projector" thread here anymore (Was it that horrible!? A subtle hint, perhaps?). However, I noticed the "DIY Supposium" post is still here. Was the prior deleted? I'll trade ya! If I must! Politics, Politics, Politics...tsk, tsk, tsk.

I was busy with a family emergency and had to return from overseas. I saw it here, maybe 10 days ago. But, haven't been back since.

I would like to continue adding as the approach is different than the 'large panel' and the (uh-umm...oh! Excuse me) 'cheap video projector plans' versions.

Also, I'll have some pics of my projections soon that I would like to post and add to THAT thread to make it complete. Hopefully, before I head back out.

I'm upset, if it was deleted! There was a lot of material, useful, entertaining and otherwise. If there is a copy stored somewhere I would like it, thanks.

I can't find anything regarding the "MOVED" posts. Is there any info on the "MOVED" posts, issue somewhere?

I'm calling the internet police! I want answers! Heads will roll! Where's MY SANDBOX?!!!

~Nobody likes me, everybody hates me, I'm gonna eat some worms...~

I think I'll make another thread here and call it "Flaky Small Panel Projectionists"!

We at SMALL PANEL salute you!,
Sush'

PS. I have attached an interesting photo of me with my leaky-dog and my 21 year old sister (She has Cerebral Palsy, can't even talk!).
Can you imagine the world we live in?! Our dog is sooo difficult to maintain!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sister sush abby.jpg (27.2 KB, 16533 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!