Make projrctor from 13'' CTR T.V.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:confused: How good would a projector work if it was made from a 13'' CTR T.V. with a lens from a overhead projector? I need to know because I am doing a science fair project on it. Like I don't need it to be as good as an LCD Projector. I tried to make a fensal lens by putting to to fensal lens together (the ones you get at Staples) but it did not work. What gives?!?! Please help me out here!

my setup probably doesnt, Im using a 15 year old tv set! The quality is crappy, lol. It has ok brighness - on a silverscreen at 60" Its vry watchabe, even at 85", but the clarity is the real problem. I dont have any screen shots, I need a half decent digital camera to take some. I might do that soon, I know someone that could help me out with a Sony digicam.

Heres a projector built by Prof, it consists of:
Samsung 14" Flat screen TV
Beta II triplet lens, 150mm diameter, 450mm focal lenght
Prof's amazing Ultra High Gain Screen, 93", about a 9.0 Gain

Link to pictures

I for one am amazed at the results, seem alot better than some lcd projectors here (no offence to anyone) yet its probably not as sharp for when using a PC, because its a SDTV, it can pull off up to 720x576 interlaced.

If I ever manage to build a screen like his, I would be very happy with a CRT projector.

BTW, the corner brighness is better in real life.

help about fensel lens

I have tryed the fensel lens in front of the 13" tv and it amost worked out. I only used a single fensel lens (not two fused together) and I could almost read it. I am wondering if I used two fensel lens fused together if it would improve the picture quiaty. Is it nomal for the tv to get warm when the screen is facing the roof? Thanks everyone!!:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.