Hi, I'm new here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I'm complete new to the scene and just had the great discovery today. First I just happen to bump into an Ebay 150" plan sale. While I pondered about the authenticity of it, I started to google related words; one thing leads to another and here I'm.
This is what I gathered so far, please correct me if I'm wrong:
In order to have an 150" display at home for under $100, there are 3 ways:
1. the Ebay plans
2. using an LCD projector panel with an overhead projector
3. building a projector

Personally I'd like to have a display for my PS2 or PC and the easiest way seems to be 1 and 2. How are the ebay plans' picture quality compare to 2? Currently I have an old overhead projector at home, if I go with 2, the only thing I'd need to get is an LCD projector panel, right? I tried searching on ebay with "projector panel" and "proxima ovation" and came back with only a few results. Would an Proxima Ovation 820 be good enough for PS2? (would the pictures be slow, etc.) Could you recommend other projects to search for?

Finally, can someone explain why an overhead projector, being a greyscale device, can projector color images with the LCD projector panel? Thanks a bunch!

I dont think Ace has any Fuji copy lenses left i bought his last one but obviously confirm this with him first, and Surplus Shed are out of stock. You may want to email theo@lumenlab.com.au the Lumenlab agent in Australia, he has a shipment of the 1002 Projection Lens Triplet Lumenlab have on the site http://lumenlab.com/store/index.php coming in about 2 weeks. I would think these should be acceptable for your screen. Theo sells them for approx $AD44 plus shipping the freight charges shouldn't be as steep to N.Z as those you would incour for components from Germany of America.

Hope this is of some use for you.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.