Very Dull Image, Not Bright At All

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
heya buddy get a hqi setup cos those big bulbs are no good for a ohp retrofit, thus being the bulb is too big to place it at the frensels rear focal length and its also too big to have a decent reflector on it, the $200 isnt bad considering you would pay the same buying the halogen bulbs, the mh hqi bulbs last on average 10khrs wich isnt bad, thats a few classes bud lol.

Trev

Hi,

I almost got a hqi setup at a great price, around $100.... but the person had just sold it :bawling: .... so now I'm where I started.... do you know about somebody that might have a spare hqi setup that would be willing to sell me (it would not have to be new... and couldn't pay much, 'cause as stated before, I'm a teacher...) So it'd have to be that or the MH.... or just stay like it is now, maybe get some FXL bulbs, 410w but only 50hrs....

Sorry if this post sounds senseless, but I'm just a lil crushed about the HQI..... man.:cannotbe:

Hey, I'm also thinking about retrofitting my ohp- its a 3m 9100 putts out 2,700 lumens (I havent even got it yet.) It was stupid of me to buy it b4 researching more but now I have to live with it. My projected image is going to be 4' X 5'-6" or something simmilar and the room will get completely dark (no windows or lights-basement). I dont know meaby 2,700 will be sufficient in that kind of enviroment. And if not I would only need to increase the output by a little bit. I think that 4,000-7,000 would be perfect. Is there any way that I can achieve that somewhat cheaply. Becouse if I need to spend any more than $100 than it would be easiest for me to simply buy a new ohp with 4,000 lumens. Or is that the best way to go?

BTW- this is my first post here, so I,m very very new to this.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.