Why do Lumenlab projectos look so good!?! - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th July 2004, 04:44 PM   #11
dave123 is offline dave123  United States
diyAudio Member

What I like about the norpro is that it can nest nicely together with other bowls for easy storage, they stand up well to standard kitchen abuse, and they are projector and dishwasher safe (ehrr, I think). These bowls are great for mixing, storing leftovers, heating things in the projector, serving, etc. As an added bonus, you can see your reflection in the bowls' bottoms and see what you look like on a funhouse mirror. If you are saying to yourself, "do I really need the norpro?", the answer is YES, you DO! You'll see! : )
Old 28th July 2004, 09:00 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

While the Norpro is a good DIY reflector the fact is it's WAY too big to be put to good use. I've been saying that since I first saw it.

The center of curvature is huge and you can never use it with a proper condenser. While it does help direct more light towards the fresnels, because of it's size your still wasting a ton of light.

In the world of light and reflection... bigger is not always better

- JCB
www.diybuildergroup.com
Old 29th July 2004, 02:02 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

how deep is this bowl ?
Old 2nd December 2004, 10:42 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Default Lumenlab 'all the same'

I disagree with whoever said that all Lumenlab projectors are the same.

I havnt yet built one, but its clear to me after viewing the guide and the protected forums that there is a huge amount of varience in parts used, the only things that stay the same are the fresnels and projection lens.

People have used loads of different LCDs, lamps, reflectors etc,

The guide is quite vague in the actual building of the projector, its mainly just advice.

I totally see your point (they are a lot more similar to each other than the ones here are), but I thought I'd just point out that they are not by any means identical.

Thanks!
Old 3rd December 2004, 05:07 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Completely off topic, but I gotta ask...

jcbklyny, is your avatar from a tATu CD or did someone steal it from you and sell me some kinda bootleg... I mean, sell my girlfriend some kinda bootleg... what would a guy be doing with a tATu CD, right?

:-P

Hide this!Advertise here!