Why do Lumenlab projectos look so good!?!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
most users that built that projector are using 15" LCD with 450:1 contrast or higher.

high quality fresnels and triplet.

but yea, alot of them do have good quality camera's. it doesn't matter how good your projected image looks, if your camera sux then your pic will too.

also, there is TONS of information in the members section of the forums. this also helps in getting the great quality projected image.

"yeah and u have to pay like $ 20.00 .. to get in a member area .? whats up with that .."

If you start out not knowing anything about this stuff like I did, it's so worth it. Plus everyone there is helpful. However, if you have the time to read all the threads here, you can probably piece enough info together to make a go of it on your own. Personally I found the Lumenlab private areas a very helpful resource that can get anyone up and running with a simple projector right away. Once you have that down, it's probably easy to take the next step with more complex designs. That's my own personal plan anyways.

The Lumenlab units look good because your looking at the same projector... over and over and over again. Everyone is using the EXACT same setup. So if you've seen one... you've seen them all :) Where as here and at other community sites people like to try different designs with different panels, bulbs, reflectors, focal lengths, distances etc.

- JCB
www.diybuildergroup.com

BTW - This is my no means a shot at Lumenlabs. Theres nothing wrong with the simple projector. As seen by the pics. But don’t think there’s a secret they aren’t sharing.

What I like about the norpro is that it can nest nicely together with other bowls for easy storage, they stand up well to standard kitchen abuse, and they are projector and dishwasher safe (ehrr, I think). These bowls are great for mixing, storing leftovers, heating things in the projector, serving, etc. As an added bonus, you can see your reflection in the bowls' bottoms and see what you look like on a funhouse mirror. If you are saying to yourself, "do I really need the norpro?", the answer is YES, you DO! You'll see! : )

While the Norpro is a good DIY reflector the fact is it's WAY too big to be put to good use. I've been saying that since I first saw it.

The center of curvature is huge and you can never use it with a proper condenser. While it does help direct more light towards the fresnels, because of it's size your still wasting a ton of light.

In the world of light and reflection... bigger is not always better :)

- JCB
www.diybuildergroup.com

Lumenlab 'all the same'

I disagree with whoever said that all Lumenlab projectors are the same.

I havnt yet built one, but its clear to me after viewing the guide and the protected forums that there is a huge amount of varience in parts used, the only things that stay the same are the fresnels and projection lens.

People have used loads of different LCDs, lamps, reflectors etc,

The guide is quite vague in the actual building of the projector, its mainly just advice.

I totally see your point (they are a lot more similar to each other than the ones here are), but I thought I'd just point out that they are not by any means identical.

Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.