My LILLIPUT project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lilliput 7 inches
Parabolic reflector 5.5 inches
Frensel 9 inches focal
copy lens 240 mm
cdm-150 watt

Attachments

• p1130095.jpg
    p1130095.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 3,681
I_eat_flowers

The collar rings are big pump oil seal.

The photos were taken 640/480 and i had to resize them 370/280
This site accept only 102000 pixels.

ap0the0sis

I am using only the vga input,when i press menu on the remote it shows 1024 by ? .I dont remember the last number,must be around 700.
Is somebody knows, how to select the 800/480 native resolution
with the remote,there is no option to choose from.

mccamp82

The screen door is not visible at 10 feet from the screen,when you look closer to the screen you can see 1/8 inch square pixel.
The distance from the projector to the screen is 14 feet.
I build my screen 96/54 inches what gives me 16/9 ratio,but i have 2 inches black bar each side of the screen, this is something i dont understand.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Chase there is an auto feature at the start of the menu, hit that and it will resize it to the whole size of the screen providing your source doesnt have the black bars.

Btw, where did u get that reflectior from? i might be interested in puirchasing one from you for a try out.

Trev

ACE

I found this reflector in a 2 millions candle lamp they sell everywhere,this one is aluminium and is a quality one.A plastic reflector should do the job
because the heat is reflected in front of it,mine runs very cool.

The projected image dont cover the entire screen and the monitor dont have black bar.With a 16/9 ratio from the LILLIPUT, i though the projected image will cover a 96/54 screen.

Do you know how to select 800/480 native resolution with the remote.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Duno about going native with the remote bud, that you normally controll that via your vid card, i havnt got mine setup in native yet either so i dont know lol, power strip might be a good proggy to do it with.

As for the reflector, im not keen on plastic around glass thats 650deg c lol so how much for one of the ones u got? they are hard to find here otherwise i would have tried one already, also you should be able to widen that beam by moving the lamp further in the reflector abit, see how that goes.

Trev

Chasse, excellent work ! Very nice to see that you use the Parabolic-reflector design, with my calculation a 150W 1-ended lamp in a Parabolic-reflector give the same brightness as a 250W double-ended lamp in a Spherical-condensor-setup and it´s seems to be correct when I see your result.

ACE

I tried to move the lamp a bit outside or inside but i had a hot spot or the frensel was not completly light.I miss a little bit of light on the lower side corner may be i have to lower the reflector a bit.

MATHIAS

Thanks for the good word.I tried the spherical reflector and condensor but the result was not bright enough for me.As soon as i put the big par reflector that was much more bright and decided to go that way.
I tried your idea to cut a par30 reflector with a zip cutter but i broke 3 of them ,it is very hard to make it right.My next PJ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.