Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd May 2004, 07:16 PM   #21
chasse is offline chasse  Canada
diyAudio Member

ACE

I tried to move the lamp a bit outside or inside but i had a hot spot or the frensel was not completly light.I miss a little bit of light on the lower side corner may be i have to lower the reflector a bit.

MATHIAS

Thanks for the good word.I tried the spherical reflector and condensor but the result was not bright enough for me.As soon as i put the big par reflector that was much more bright and decided to go that way.
I tried your idea to cut a par30 reflector with a zip cutter but i broke 3 of them ,it is very hard to make it right.My next PJ will be with a dichroic reflector like the one you used because all of the heat is reflected back.If somebody could sell them it would be the best setup for a 150 watt.
Old 3rd May 2004, 07:33 PM   #22
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ace3000_1
Quote:
Thanks for the good word.I tried the spherical reflector and condensor but the result was not bright enough for me.As soon as i put the big par reflector that was much more bright and decided to go that way.
Im starting to forget the spherical way too, too much light gets lost, ive got roughly 65% of usable light running from the 250w hqi and thats about the best u can get it with that type of reflector, ive got a small eliptical coming in from the uk that i won on ebay last week, im going to see what i can do with it with a micro cdm-t bulb, who know's, it might work, although the arc is alittle big.

Ill see if i can find one of those parabolics u got here, if not i might buy one off ya cos i wana try that idea and see what modds i can do with it.

Trev
Old 3rd May 2004, 11:04 PM   #23
diyAudio Member

chasse,
What lilliput model did you use for that? Easy to strip? Thinking maybe it might look nice on the ol' OHP...
Old 4th May 2004, 04:30 PM   #24
diyAudio Member

I use same model as ace_3000 , 800*480 native res.
Old 4th May 2004, 07:11 PM   #25
diyAudio Member

Where did you get your parts? I am looking into getting a mirror and fresnel until ace gets his supply going again!
Thanks,
Jarrett
ps i have the lcd, copy lens, cdm-t, ballast, socket, reflector, and condensor lens.
Old 4th May 2004, 10:35 PM   #26
diyAudio Member

jtbullet

If you want to do ACE setup better for you to wait and buy his stuff.

My setup is different as i use a big parabolic reflector and a regular mirror behind the lcd,i bought my frensel at 3dlens and this is a 9 inchs focal.I found the parabolic in a 2 million candle lamp.
Old 5th May 2004, 01:06 PM   #27
diyAudio Member

I see. I was hoping to find another source for parts, and may be build a 2nd projector at the same time to sell to a friend!
Thanks Chasse! Great Pics!
Old 5th May 2004, 03:57 PM   #28
T800 is offline T800  France
diyAudio Member

Nice !!! Very nice.

150 W seems to be a good choice whith this kind of reflector.

Just one question : How many fresnel do you use ??? just one ?

What is the 3DLens part Number ?

thx
Old 5th May 2004, 08:18 PM   #29
diyAudio Member

T800

I use only one frensel and the number is A250S.($17.50 PLUS SHIPPING)
Old 27th May 2004, 02:46 AM   #30
diyAudio Member

Chasse,

I will be using a similar bulb and metal reflector out of a spotlight like you. I was wondering how much heat your bulb/ reflector combo puts out? My plan is to use a piece of laminated glass directly behind my fresnel to block uv. However, the temp is crucial, and I want to run the minimum number of fans. Any details on heat/ temp would be most appriciated!

Hide this!Advertise here!