diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i NOTICED THAT ALSO. mAYBE i JUST GOT TOO EXCITED.

tHE LONGER I WATCHED THE MORE DISTRACTED I AM BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT OF STRAY LIGHT HITTING THE SCREEN AND DISTRACTED ALSO BY THE BRIGHT BLACK BARS. ITS ALSO VERY TIRING TO THE EYES.

CAN'T REALLY MAKE FULL EVALUATION IN A FEW HOURS. I HAVE TO RETURN IT TOMORROW.

I AM NOW WATCHING ON MY PJ, AND THIS HONESTLY I CAN TELL YOU. I AM MORE RELAXED BECAUSE BRIGHTNESS ON MY PJ IS JUST ENOUGH TO WATCH COMFORTABLY. SHARPNESS AND COLORS OF MY PJ IS MORE THAN I WISH FOR CONSIDERING A $500 BUDGET

Attachments

• outline5 012.jpg
    outline5 012.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 2,047
FASTBACK

YOU CAN BUY USED OVERHEAD PROJECTOR AT HMR. BUT FRESNEL LENS IS MOST LIKELY WARPED OR ALREADY WORN-OUT

I HAVE ORDERED VARIFOCAL 4 PCS PROJECTION LENS FROM TONY
I HAVE AN EXTRA FRESNEL AND CONDENSER LENS

FOR THE LIGHT ENGINE, MAYBE YOU WANT TO BUY MY OSRAM 250W/NDL.

FOR THE LCD, I HAVE SOURCED IT IN TAIWAN. I HAVE CONTACT ALREADY BUT THE MINIMUM ORDER IS 10 PCS. WE HAVE TO HAVE A GROUP BUY HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

IF YOU WANT THE LILIPUT LCD, I HAVE ALREADY TALK TO THEM. MINIMUM ORDER IS 50PCS AT $180 FOB CHINA

WE CAN BUY 10 PCS BUT THE PRICE WILL BE $222 FOB CHINA

Attachments

• outline5 010.jpg
    outline5 010.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,999
Probably because it's Stainless steel. And your bulb is getting it too hot for too long. Gives it a tarnish or patina'd kind of look.

Get a proper spherical reflector, and work on improving your airflow. I think if you were moving enough air through your light box, then the ladle wouldn't have gotten crispified like that. My stainless steel chili ladle I use when I go camping is all yellowed from the heat it's subjected too. There's pretty much no gettin rid of it once it's there.

i actually like your diy projector better than the dlp..it's warmer..the colors look "richer" to me.. that is just my opinion..
and the brightness to me doesn't necessarily mean better as well- i wouldn't watch my projector with the lights on anyhow..

your projector is maganda!

THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. I BORE SO MANY SMALL HOLES IN MY PREVIOUS CABINET BEFORE NEAR THE LIGHT ENGINE SO THAT AIR IS COMING FROM BELOW GOING UP TO THE BACKSIDE THUS COOLING THE LIGHT ENGINE.

I BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED WHEN I CHANGED MY CABINET BECAUSE I DIDN'T NOTICED THE YELLOWING OF MY REFLECTOR BEFORE. NOW BELIEVE ME, AFTER POLISHING THE REFLECTOR IT TURNED YELLOW IN LESS THAN AN HOUR.

THANKS AGAIN. GOTTA BORE SOME HOLES NOW. I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.

Attachments

• outline5 011.jpg
    outline5 011.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 2,066
Anybody who has experience on chrome plating of reflector? I laways thought that i can still get significant brightness increase because i am using right now the cheapest soup ladle available in the store here. It is not a shiny as the most expensive one.

Any thoughts will be deeply appreciated.

Attachments

• outline5 001orig.jpg
    outline5 001orig.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,971
Is there a way to determine if a projections lens is triplet or not. i bought mine at hmr which i don't know whether its triplet or not. It is a gilkson brand but i can't find it in the web.

My projection lens looks to be the same as the one being sold by lumenlab and diylabs.

I luv Leelo!!!

Attachments

• outline5 015.jpg
    outline5 015.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 1,587
[RPD]-Killer said:
In my opinion, a IR-filter is as important as a UV-filter. The IR-filter filters :)D) most the heat out of the light beam and reflects it to the light engine.

Lightbox is getting hotter -> display keeps cool

Actually thats a cold mirror by definition. Passes IR light>reflects clean cool light..... A "type" of dichrotic mirror. A IR filter transmits the light and absorbs the heat. Not so great for light engines really. As it isnt as transmisive as a cold mirror is reflective hence less efficient. Also cold mirro removes more heat much less passing more light. Cold mirros are much more efficient and more commenly used in areas where heat is a concern.

:)

Thank u guys for the input. I appreciate it alot.

Yes my fresnel is warped because I don't use glasses to support my fresnel and protect my lcd.. A lot of guys may not like it because they may notice uneveness in image focus. But really I dont mind it because really it doesn't bother me as long as i have better color brightness and sharpness and acceptable lcd temp.

Aargh!!! by the way i replace my reflector with a better one because my reflector turned yellowish because of heat. Now i notice a considerable increase in brightness but i believe I lost considerable color vividness also. Can't show u some pics right now bec camera was barrowed yesterday.

Initially I thought that increase in brightness is the culprit in loss in color vividness but i need to consider one more variable. Right I am using a stainless soup ladle reflector, but before I really don't know the material. All I know is that it is much softer than stainless steel. I can puncture a hole using a nail and hammer in my previous reflector but I cannot puncture the stainless steel reflector. Can somebody tell me what possible material is it? Will aluminumm yellow under intense heat?

I review my comparison of dlp530 and my pj. Dlp 530 is sharper and brighter but take a look at color differences.

A lot of guys maybe right that brightness is not all that matters. Color must be well considered also atleast I can say it for my DIY projector.

DLP530

Attachments

• outline5 009.jpg
    outline5 009.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1,754
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.