diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I probably made the ugliest looking pj here. I need 3-4 days to finish my new box.

Re the picture size, can anybody help me how to post a bigger image?. I am compressing my jpg file from 640x480 to 320x240 resolution othewise my attachment will be rejected.

By the way, A lot of guys here are not happy when using the composite output of the pj. It work otherwise in my case only when I use RG-6 cable instead of cheap cable.
With composite output, I can turn the sharpness of the image to the maximum in the lcd controller without distorting the image. Probably there is something wrong my S-video output. I can not set it higher than the default setting. I already compare the image using vga vs composite but the composite video far outshines the vga output in terms of sharpness and brightness. Vga though just slightly better in terms of color vividness. Maybe the controller board is making the difference in my case.

Unsplit fresnell proved to be better than split fresnel in the way I see it. Probably I give more preference to image sharpness than end to end brightness image.

But what really did the trick with very good brightness of my pj is the LCD angled at 20 deg instead of lying flat.. I was so frustrated at first when i upgraded from 150-250w. I thought I should have go to 400w immediately.

Attachments

• outline5 050.jpg
    outline5 050.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 6,703
So you are saying that I should have the Lcd at 20 degrees and correct the keystone with a mirror? I don't know why I didn't think of this, because I often look at LCD's, especially my pocket pc one, from an angle (so the bottom is further from my eyes than the top) and the brightness and contrast is better like that. Anyway, the results look great.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
So you are saying that I should have the Lcd at 20 degrees and correct the keystone with a mirror? I don't know why I didn't think of this, because I often look at LCD's, especially my pocket pc one, from an angle (so the bottom is further from my eyes than the top) and the brightness and contrast is better like that. Anyway, the results look great.

Oh come on bob, thats an old trick lol, 18wheeler does somthing like that, imo i havnt tried it, maybe i should.

Trev

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.