diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks! You know there still so much to do.
1. S-video cable tweak
2. reflector polishing/plating to mirror finish
3. upgrade to varifocus
4. condesner distance tweak
5. fresnel lens upgrade to dual focal
6. cabinet resizing and redesign

I hope i have shared something helpful.

note; attached pic taken yesterday.

Attachments

• outline5 003.jpg
    outline5 003.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 2,212
Wow man !!!

What a impressive pics !!!

Congratulations for a real well done job !

A couple of questions.
Are you using some kind of UV protection ?
Does it affect the brightnes or color of the projection ?

I´m using just normal glass with my Prj but it seems to affect blues and obviously doesnot protect the LCD from UV.

Congrats again man !!

Bernardo.

Thanks for your opinion. I hope one day osram will come out with IR filter also in their upcoming products.

By the way here is the picture when I am still using the big 250w mogul lamp which i don't even remember the brand. I hope this will encourage some guys who are still using that kind of bulb.

Image brightness and color has a lot to be desired then. I still remember that i have to adjust the brightness to the max and contrast low to be able to come out with acceptable and watchable image. Take a look at burnt skin tone. Its really ugly! Pics taken i believe Mar 3.

Hope this may serve as encouragement to newbies.

Attachments

• dsc01817.jpg
    dsc01817.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 2,189
Hmm I don't think that Osram will create a HQI with an integrated IR-filter - the heat couldn't get out of the lamp at all!

As soon as I know which display I'll be using, I'll get such an IR-filter. It can be easily integrated in your design...

Filter

95% UV
80% IR

Hey, I forgot to mention, that your results KICK ASSS!!!!1111 ;)

Really great work.

HERE IS MY POOR PJ.

ANYWAY GUYS,EVEN THOUGH ITS NOT AS BRIGHT AND VIBRANT AS DLP530, NOT TO BE OUTDONE,ICAN SAY THAT MY PJ IS STILL ENJOYABLE TO WATCH THOUGH.

BUT DLP530 IS EXCELLENT. I CAN WATCH VERY CLEARLY WITH LIGHTS OPEN IN THE LIVING ROOM AND I THINK ITS BRIGHTER SHARPER AND VIBRANT THAN MY 29INCH TV.

CAN'T REALLY BEAT 'EM BUT DIYPJ IS STILL THE WAY TO GO FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME!

RIGHT NOW, I AM THINKING OF UPGRADING TO 400W 5200K OSRAM DAYLIGHT. HOPEFULLY IT CAN HAPPEN IN TWO WEEKS.

Attachments

• outline5 023.jpg
    outline5 023.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 2,242
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.