diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Duplicated the ist build. Box is alittle smaller and improved keystone by lens shifting.

DSC00827.jpg

DSC00828.jpg

DSC00847.jpg

DSC00845.jpg

DSC00844.jpg

DSC00843.jpg

DSC00842.jpg

DSC00841.jpg

DSC00840.jpg

DSC00839.jpg

DSC00838.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00836.jpg

DSC00835.jpg

DSC00834.jpg

DSC00832.jpg

DSC00831.jpg

DSC00849.jpg

Dear Hertz sir.
I am a true fan of diy projector idea.and of course yours :--).
what I am getting locally.220/330 fresnel(310mmX310mm),345 triplet,15.6 benqG61hdal lcd,400w bulb.now problem is 310mm wont cover full 15.6 lcd(350mm lenghwise),and if I use 4:3 mode of the lcd to use it with 310mm fresnel,there will be picture distortion.and I live in india,there is a lot of problem with customs,taxes etc if I bring lcd+controller from other places.can you suggest me something by which I can use this lense with this lcd.
another question.of course it is a proven fact from your builds that led will give better picture,but led and led driver is not available locally.do you have led+drivers?
also suggest me that this 15.6 benqG61hdal,regarding FFC issue and stripping,other things(picture quality) I can compromis.
thank you very much sir for your help.
new student prosenjit from india

400x320mm are mostly defective. There is a problem in center groove and the outer groove. You get a brown dot at the center bec of 220mm fresnel. And bec of defects in outer grrove, you ll get considerably low brightness at the sides.

I ordered samples from different fresnel suppliers popularly known in this site. .

The 395x395mm is the best quality fresnel for 15-16 inch lcd.

400x320mm are mostly defective. There is a problem in center groove and the outer groove. You get a brown dot at the center bec of 220mm fresnel. And bec of defects in outer grrove, you ll get considerably low brightness at the sides.

I ordered samples from different fresnel suppliers popularly known in this site. .

The 395x395mm is the best quality fresnel for 15-16 inch lcd.

Oops ,i received it.:eek:. ok let me try this and order from 3dlens dot com in future.

Last edited:
hertz sir
i did my pj with 220/330/310 and with benq 15inch monitor. absolutely no problem, watched 2 movies, and the next day when i tried to finalise my design and close the box, i have damaged the LCD. there is some vertical lines in two three places, any idea to correct it

Holy....Sh!!!!!!!T.. thats one high def screen its projecting.. man i loved this project and im going to make one like this soon.. @hertz..
I dont want my projector to be a low-def projector..
Sorry if the english is bad i am not very good at it at the moment.. Im from PAkistan!!!
Anyways..
Heres is my projector components which is have chosen so far, and going for shopping :p in a couple of days as soon as my pay-check arrives !! ;)
LCD Panel - Any 15inch Panel with 500:1 C.R. & 1024*768
CONDENSER LENS - 127mm FL
COLLECTOR fresnel: 330mm
COLLIMATOR fresnel: 220mm
Projections Lens - 340 mm 74mm diameter Triplet Lens
250W Metal Hallide Osram HQI-BT,(UV protected) with Magnetic Ballast
Heat Shield - Tempered Glass
A couple of Fans, Heatsinks and some misc parts necessary to build the projector..
Any suggestions would be nice.. I want to be a bit low on lcd budget this time because i dont want to mess a new Hd lcd for my first build(i know i would mess it up) so rather i would buy 2 LCD's which i can easily find at about ~$50/each

contrast and response time

Hi
I've been toying with the idea of a diy projector, and am finding your information very helpful. Thanks!

I was wondering about the response time on the panel you're using. The specsheet shows it to be 25-35ms, which is a bit high. Do you find that a problem for viewing video? I was also looking at the B101EW02. It only has a contrast of 500, but a response time of 16. Which do you think would be a better choice?

Take care
-J-

Hi
I've been toying with the idea of a diy projector, and am finding your information very helpful. Thanks!

I was wondering about the response time on the panel you're using. The specsheet shows it to be 25-35ms, which is a bit high. Do you find that a problem for viewing video? I was also looking at the B101EW02. It only has a contrast of 500, but a response time of 16. Which do you think would be a better choice?

Take care
-J-

I built them both.

If only I can have the best of them in one lcd, then it will be awesome.

But B101EW05 wins hands down. white and Black level, flesh tone, colors and detail is georeous!

They both have the same lag when camera pans in different direction. In fast action scenes, depends on how fast the action scenes is.

But I have to warn you, the controller plays a crucial role in image quality in any lcd.

I probably holds the record on the number of diyprojector built. lol!

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.