diy projector from the Philippines

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just use a smaller arc bulb like HSD and you will be happy with the results. For me, Its the key to a high quality image. If you are still using HQI bulb or those other big bulbs, then you are missing alot.

I uses the ballast that i used for 250w hqi-tsd.

Each lcd has different transmissiveness and each lcd controller is different also that can impact brightness and image quality w/c you know already .

My general impression on the lcd. The best lcd to use based from my limited experiences are

LG- excellent colors and brightness. Higher color accuracy.

AUO ( Benq monitor ) - 262k colors only but image is very sharp and the brightest among my three preferred panel

Samsung-very good colors and bright also.

toshiba and sanyo - not my preference.

I have hotspot, or bulb arc showing at the center at the image using LG lcd before, problem has gotten worst when i changed from HQI to HSD bulb.

Based from local builders expereinces, not all LG models have this problem.

Anyway, i thought that it has something to do with LCD polarizer also. Samsung 15inch lcd used by local builders doesnt have this problem using identical set of parts as I use.

I am inclined also to believe that it is caused by the imperfection in the grooves at the center of bottom fresnel.

I got so many fresnel with different defects at the center. And each kind of defect will show different annoyance at the center of projected image ( smal to big brown spot, rings, halo, veins like appearance and bulb arc showing at the center)

I had eliminated hot spot using different technique.

1. Change the fresnel - you can tell which fresnel has problem by putting it under the light . Observe the hotspot. Different fresnel or production batch , or from different supplier will show from bright hotspot or non at all.

2. Move the bottom fresenel to the lcd closer- This did it for me
It totally eliminated the hotspot. I got 3/8 inch distance form lcd to bottom fresenel. But this could be a serious concern in cooling if you are using 400 watts bulb.

When i was using 250w HQI-TSd, the problem is subtle. So alittle under voltage using voltage regulator did it. The problem is subtle maybe because the bulb arc is a lot bigger. The brightness per unit length of the bulb arc is lower compared tomuch smaller arc bulb.

I hope my solution works for you also.

My current 1920x1200 LG projector has the same hotspot problem. Hotspot was eliminated by moving the bottom fresnel close to lcd,

Pics of current Filipino's pride,The new singing sensation Charice Pempengco , back-up by the very popular Oprah and David Foster. Using my HD projector and dvd player at 1400x900 resolution you tube movie file

DSC07872.jpg

DLP BULB REPLACEMENT

Hello Kababayans! Simple question.... Is it possible to replace only the bulb excluding the box module? I have a 130w lamp with only a rating of 1000hrs. Replacement of the module will cost me $400(for 1000 hrs!#*&5%!) and worst the unit has been discontinued. If so what about the availability here in RP. This is a Plus Piano hometheater dlp projector that I use in a dedicated HTdark room. 500 lumens only but the video is almost filmlike on a 100" screen. I hate to let it go. Any comments and suggestions is highly appreciable. Thanks guys!

3Starz&daSUN here

How's our mother land bro....GODSPEED to you all.

I would like to get onboard on this but my concern is the image quality vs a HD 1080p LCD TV. I am pretty sure you have investigated on this and would like to know your 2cents. Please advice.

Praying hard here due to the sufferring of our fellow kababayans...

Thank you,
Edwin

hertzblaster,

i've been following your thread even in other sites(diyaudio,tipidpc,tsikot,sulit, etc...).right now i finally decided to make a try.Can you help me?pls...

a. can you provide me the materials.(I can't find some of the materials in our place.I'm from Cagayan de oro.)
b. can you give me the quotation?(I need it for budgeting.)
c. can you share with me your most accurate design?

'm planning to do it this Christmas as a gift to my self.I hope that you will help.
Thanks a lot!

guys i've been following this trade ever since i found this site. your projects are all great and with great results. i am also planing to build one for my self. i already have this philip 15" LCD on standby.
but today i receive a msg from one online store i subscribe. and found this in their stock.

S100-2000-24.jpg

S100-2000-02.jpg

149 $ regular price and they are offering discount now
@ 79.99$

isn't it a good deal? projection image size at 6 ft on wall maximum.

what do you think about this?

the lamp use is the commonly available lamp in the hardware stores according to the review.

thanks! but there is no any inf of size, IC

keep on searching.

Ok try this one hope this will pass the restriction of the mode since this link is not selling this product, he just put some price he found from the net. and give a short review on the product. in his post it only cost less than $ 50 about the size of the product I'm not so sure but the weight is less that 3 lbs. the sized i can compare it to a 1.5L plastic cola or soda bottle.

@ HERTZ
i have completed the projector it is working realy good ,i used coby lcd 7 '' & 150w osram lamp , and the lens you gave me !! i am very much thankful to you hertz,i don't know how to attach the picture ,i am waiting for the 250w shart ark lamp from osram (baby sharxs)
thanks uuu
will send the photos by mail

alan

Hi hertz,
When i saw the images by yoyr projector, iwas spellbound ,i dont know for how much time i just satrred at those images , i just felt i was in a movie theatre. Superb colours, brightness, iwill have to gather words for you, right now i am speechless.

I have been trying to make a projector for me, but till day i wasnt so charged as i am now.

i am buying 5.6" 720p lcd+controller from lumenslab.

can you answer some of these questions for my clarification-

1. Replaces 160mm focal collimator fresnel with 120mm focal length.
which fresnal lens are you talking abt replacing front or back.
accordind to my knowledge, the fresnal set come with focal length of 216/343 mm.

2. Replaces 127mm focal leng condnesner lens with 280mm focal length

3. What is the size and cost of lcd in the projector ,images of which are published on page no 68 and page no 70.

4. what type of box are you using straight or folded.

please help and reply and guide , as me and 4 of my friends are desperate in getting the projector made, and im the one who will be making it for them.

Replaces my 250w HSD bulb with 100w LED.

Still using the 7 inch lcd and lenses.

HSD bulb is still brighter but LED produces a more even brightness in the projected image and with much lesser hotspot.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Replaces my 250w HSD bulb with 100w LED.

Still using the 7 inch lcd and lenses.

HSD bulb is still brighter but LED produces a more even brightness in the projected image and with much lesser hotspot.
Are you actually saying that you replaced your 250w bulb with that 100w LED and the sample images you attached under it are the result from the LED? :eek:
I didn't think the LED was that bright. Could you post an inside image of your rig with the LED plz?

Are you actually saying that you replaced your 250w bulb with that 100w LED and the sample images you attached under it are the result from the LED? :eek:
I didn't think the LED was that bright. Could you post an inside image of your rig with the LED plz?

Now using 81w 9x9 led arrangment but led lumens output is 9000lumens. Projected image is brighter than than 100w 10x10 led arrangment with 9000lumens also.

IMG00212-20100918-0126.jpg

IMG00213-20100918-1840.jpg

You tube videos
DSC08722.jpg

DSC08683.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.