diy projector from the Philippines - Page 11 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th May 2004, 05:22 PM   #101
diyAudio Member

i NOTICED THAT ALSO. mAYBE i JUST GOT TOO EXCITED.

tHE LONGER I WATCHED THE MORE DISTRACTED I AM BECAUSE THERE IS A LOT OF STRAY LIGHT HITTING THE SCREEN AND DISTRACTED ALSO BY THE BRIGHT BLACK BARS. ITS ALSO VERY TIRING TO THE EYES.

CAN'T REALLY MAKE FULL EVALUATION IN A FEW HOURS. I HAVE TO RETURN IT TOMORROW.

I AM NOW WATCHING ON MY PJ, AND THIS HONESTLY I CAN TELL YOU. I AM MORE RELAXED BECAUSE BRIGHTNESS ON MY PJ IS JUST ENOUGH TO WATCH COMFORTABLY. SHARPNESS AND COLORS OF MY PJ IS MORE THAN I WISH FOR CONSIDERING A $500 BUDGET
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outline5 012.jpg (57.5 KB, 1966 views)
Old 13th May 2004, 05:35 PM   #102
diyAudio Member

FASTBACK

YOU CAN BUY USED OVERHEAD PROJECTOR AT HMR. BUT FRESNEL LENS IS MOST LIKELY WARPED OR ALREADY WORN-OUT

I HAVE ORDERED VARIFOCAL 4 PCS PROJECTION LENS FROM TONY
I HAVE AN EXTRA FRESNEL AND CONDENSER LENS

FOR THE LIGHT ENGINE, MAYBE YOU WANT TO BUY MY OSRAM 250W/NDL.

FOR THE LCD, I HAVE SOURCED IT IN TAIWAN. I HAVE CONTACT ALREADY BUT THE MINIMUM ORDER IS 10 PCS. WE HAVE TO HAVE A GROUP BUY HERE IN THE PHILIPPINES.

IF YOU WANT THE LILIPUT LCD, I HAVE ALREADY TALK TO THEM. MINIMUM ORDER IS 50PCS AT $180 FOB CHINA

WE CAN BUY 10 PCS BUT THE PRICE WILL BE $222 FOB CHINA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outline5 010.jpg (69.4 KB, 1910 views)
Old 14th May 2004, 06:55 PM   #103
diyAudio Member

hertzblaster

Thanks for the information.

I would love to build a PJ someday, I'm a little tight on the budget these days.

Here is my email warren_ph@hotmail.com I would like to hear more about your PJ for future reference.

Thanks
Old 15th May 2004, 05:44 PM   #104
diyAudio Member

My soup laddle reflector is turning yellowish.
Can anybody tell if chrome plating my soup laddle will not turn yellow due to high temperature?

Anybody's opinion will be appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outline5 014.jpg (69.7 KB, 1808 views)
Old 15th May 2004, 07:38 PM   #105
diyAudio Member

Probably because it's Stainless steel. And your bulb is getting it too hot for too long. Gives it a tarnish or patina'd kind of look.

Get a proper spherical reflector, and work on improving your airflow. I think if you were moving enough air through your light box, then the ladle wouldn't have gotten crispified like that. My stainless steel chili ladle I use when I go camping is all yellowed from the heat it's subjected too. There's pretty much no gettin rid of it once it's there.
Old 16th May 2004, 12:05 AM   #106
jmtait is offline jmtait  United States
diyAudio Member

i actually like your diy projector better than the dlp..it's warmer..the colors look "richer" to me.. that is just my opinion..
and the brightness to me doesn't necessarily mean better as well- i wouldn't watch my projector with the lights on anyhow..

your projector is maganda!
Old 16th May 2004, 02:50 AM   #107
diyAudio Member

THANKS FOR YOUR SUGGESTIONS AND I THINK YOU ARE RIGHT. I BORE SO MANY SMALL HOLES IN MY PREVIOUS CABINET BEFORE NEAR THE LIGHT ENGINE SO THAT AIR IS COMING FROM BELOW GOING UP TO THE BACKSIDE THUS COOLING THE LIGHT ENGINE.

I BELIEVE THIS HAPPENED WHEN I CHANGED MY CABINET BECAUSE I DIDN'T NOTICED THE YELLOWING OF MY REFLECTOR BEFORE. NOW BELIEVE ME, AFTER POLISHING THE REFLECTOR IT TURNED YELLOW IN LESS THAN AN HOUR.

THANKS AGAIN. GOTTA BORE SOME HOLES NOW. I WILL KEEP YOU INFORMED.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outline5 011.jpg (63.2 KB, 1988 views)
Old 16th May 2004, 05:15 PM   #108
diyAudio Member

Anybody who has experience on chrome plating of reflector? I laways thought that i can still get significant brightness increase because i am using right now the cheapest soup ladle available in the store here. It is not a shiny as the most expensive one.

Any thoughts will be deeply appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outline5 001orig.jpg (59.1 KB, 1899 views)
Old 18th May 2004, 05:00 PM   #109
diyAudio Member

I called up osram-phils and verify if my hqi-ts/ndl has uv filter and they said yes, even though it is not written in the box. well it feels good to hear that. maybe i just need an ir filter now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outline5 014.jpg (71.9 KB, 1631 views)
Old 20th May 2004, 07:16 AM   #110
diyAudio Member

Is there a way to determine if a projections lens is triplet or not. i bought mine at hmr which i don't know whether its triplet or not. It is a gilkson brand but i can't find it in the web.

My projection lens looks to be the same as the one being sold by lumenlab and diylabs.

I luv Leelo!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outline5 015.jpg (74.2 KB, 1560 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!