DIY - Replacing LED Lamp of UNIC UC40 mini projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi! im new in this forum, i bought an UNIC UC40 mini projector it has 800 lumens LED, i am planning to replace it with 50watts (5000lumens) or 70w (7000lumens) or 100w (11000lumens)

i am wondering if this is possible, do i need to replace also the cooling fan? how do i know if what fan or cooling system to apply?

I attached the projector specification

TIA!

here's video link of actual performance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mpO7daJYB8
actually it was exceeded on my expectation i can project eve 200+ inch with still decent projection, but i still want to replace the led to satisfy more!

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 267
  • download.jpg
    download.jpg
    12.1 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:
Im curious as well, i took mine apart and the fan actually is not bad. It is resonating against something in the housing that echoes loudly, going to try some foam on the sides to solve.

Really curious on changing the LED, it is all one piece with the heatsink in this unit.

Hi everyone, I too want to upgrade the led lamp of my uc40..someone know which kind of lamp the projector have, factory default? 10W? 20?
I've read something about hi power led, and it seem that the 10W type need 12v to function, while from 20W up need 30-35v..is it true?
In that case I'll need an external driver for the new led..
Thank you!

I bought this little projector about 3 months ago.
This is going to be a hard work to do, I bought a 50w led chip from ebay as I'm planing to build my own projector, the main problem is the size of the led and the heatsink. There is not enough room inside the projector , besides you need to include the led driver as the power for the 50w led must be at least 32 volts. You also need to modify the part that is attached to the fresnel and led, a black plastic cover with aluminum sheets inside, they work as condenser.
What called my atention was the keystone feature, is a mechanism that moves the fresnel between the lcd and triplet lens, that is why you might see one of the sides (up or down) out of focus.

Is it me or this post is dead?
I have found that the screen of this projector is splited in 2segments, it has a dark cristal before the LCD, without it you are able to se nothing but the white light of the projector. I was cleanning the inside and putted in the wrong possition, the image projected had a like negative effect in the colors, I thought the motherboard was damaged, but when I turned the cristal it started to project the image as normal. I haven't try using a different light source, I was wondering if the third connector on the led has something that makes the LCD just to be usefull with this type of led, probably latter on will try a different light source.

Replace fan or make UNIC UC40 quieter

I like my UC40 but the fan noise is really annoying! Pity as it could have been a good low-cost projector.

CrysDak have you been able to quieten your UC40?

Has anyone replaced the fan with a quieter, better one and if so which one

Oz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.