Seeking guidance for LCD projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My apologies if I end up asking a lot of redundant information, I'm reading through the stickies and other posts on the forum but wanted to specific guidance areas.

My intended application is business presentations. I do contract work designing human/machine interface systems (HMI) and as part of that work I have to showcase the system as a design it. The problem I'm increasingly encountering is that they want the system designed at 1920x1080 but when I go to present it their projectors at nowhere near that resolution.

The projectors I've seen on the market can easily run up to 1000+ dollars. I just need a professional looking display at HD resolutions in classroom type rooms (I should be no further than 10-20 ft from the surface I'm projecting onto)

I've chosen a lot of the equipment I plan to use.

For the screen I've picked the B101UAN01.7 10.1" 1920x1080 typical response time of 25ms and supports 16.7 M colors.

I've chosen an appropriate LCD driver module for it (the T.VST29.03)

I'm planning on using a 100w LED (with heatsink and driver) as the light source.

I've downloaded the focal calc program and have gotten a basic idea for the distance between each component, however I'm still at a loss on several key points.

1. What's the difference between a split fresnel and unsplit fresnel? I've read the google explanation, but how do I know what I'm dealing with when it comes time to purchase it?

2. What are the basic guidelines for Fresnel size? I've seen it should be "slightly" bigger than my lcd display, but is there a more precise guideline?

3. What color light is best for my light source? I was leaning towards warm white.

4. What sort of guidelines should I look when it comes to the triplet focus lens?

5. The distance to the projection surface will vary from location to location, do I need to do anything special to compensate for that fluctuation, or will the triplet lens allow for that kind of focusing?

Thank you in advanced for any assistance you can provide!

As far as a place to get Fresnel lenses I found a place in the States I ordered from there but still haven't received it yet. It is a 330mm fl optical grade Fresnel. FRESNEL LENS 318MM X 250MM X 330MM FL - Surplus Shed

A place that shows triplets and the rest of DIY projector parts would be Optolife. They are based out of China and there prices are good but shipping is really high. I have never bought from them if anyone else knows of a nice supplier of triplets I would also like to know. Optolife - optics manufacturer: OHP lenses, projection lenses, triplet lenses, diy projector, aspheric condenser lenses, reflectors, front surface mirrors, heat filters, frenel lenses

I'm still in the process of making my projector. I started to do mine with LEDs only thing I was worried about is the color rendition. I moved onto metal halide. LEDs are hot and do require cooling just like metal halide. As far as what one is better I think that the metal halide is going to give the best color. What is the native resolution that you will be running? Because part of the reason I'm going with the metal halide is that my display is 2560*1700 that others have said required a small point source light. If you search Photon3k you will see what I'm talking about. He used a 575 watt short arc metal halide. I'm starting off with a 150 watt metal halide. Hope that helps some.

javedansari2 is online now javedansari2 India
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to javedansari2 Send a message via MSN to javedansari2 Send a message via Yahoo to javedansari2
Hi if any body wants parts for diy projectot contact me I want to sell all parts of my own projector will give in cheaper rate ..triplet,Fresnel,100 w led with heatsink ,fs mirror 2 piece and screen 7x6 for free...contact javedansari2@gmail.com from mumbai

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.