how do i start?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
he,i am new in building a diy projector and i what to build one,whare do i start?
i have arlady 17 inch pc monitor-benq fp7ig+ witch is a 1280 x 1024 500:1 monitor and i a projector lens.
i saw theat diy projector need a 2 frensel lens do i have to use them?
i cant just the lamp diractly Behind the lcd?
thnks you all!

Hello and welcome

17" is in my opinion awfully large for a screen and you will have difficulty in finding fresnel lenses to cover such a large screen. However lost of people have used 17" screens in the past and managed to pull it off.

What lens do you have? What focal length is it? What field of view? What diameter? You can't use any lens, especially with this screen size. If you want a large projected image you need a short focal length lens with a very wide field of view and your projector would have to be relatively close to the screen. If you want a smaller projected image you can have a longer focal length lens with a much narrower field of view and your projector would then be located farther away from the screen.

I personally recommend an unsplit design which means you would have the lamp and then 2 lenses close to each other and about 20 - 30 mm away from the LCD and then you have the projection lens.

I'd say try and find a smaller screen as it would make finding the required fresnel lenses much easier.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.