Scrapping a tablet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So this idea has me thinking. The nook hd+ is $129.99 right now. A 1920x1080 8.9" screen. In addition you can flash it with cyanogenmod and have android. So you could stream netflix/hulu+, as well as install plex, xbmc, etc for android. It will be an all inclusive.

People used to build the lumenlab 15" build and the LCDs often cost $100 for 1024x768...being able to do a 1080p projector with a $129 LCD + computer...

Has anyone tried anything like this?

I've been thinking the same thing for a while now. You can get LCD controller boards to add things like hdmi inputs. I'm going to find one that will work for a tablet or laptop screen. It's so unfortunate that Lumenlab went under, this is the prefect time for them to be around. With 1080p and 1440p LCDs so prevalent and affordable 4k screens on the horizon, it would have been an exciting time...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.