DIY Rear Projection TV - Page 20 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th November 2007, 04:01 PM   #191
diyAudio Member

Just a quick question(s),
Im thinking of building a rptv but first I wanted to know some things:

Could I use the insides of a slide projector for the projection part?
I have an old OHP, should I use the fresnal lens from this?
And one more question, do you guys reccomend any LCDs? Should it be big or small, an in car one? 5-7 inch?

Many thanks,
Paul
Old 21st December 2007, 08:51 PM   #192
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jmoorez2001 Send a message via MSN to jmoorez2001 Send a message via Yahoo to jmoorez2001
Default rptv

hey all i have a older type rear projector that may be of some use for one of u its a 45 inch diagnal size it is messed up and i dont have the money to fix it but the cabnet is in good condtion and the front screen measures 34"x24" any one need it shoot me a price for it im located in gray kentucky for the whole thing or parts that u might need
Old 22nd December 2007, 12:58 PM   #193
diyAudio Member

grrr. why do you have to be in the us........... does anyone know, inside a rptv, is the projector unit seperate/enclosed, or is each part (lcd etc) all seperate.
Old 22nd December 2007, 01:43 PM   #194
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to jmoorez2001 Send a message via MSN to jmoorez2001 Send a message via Yahoo to jmoorez2001
Quote:
Originally posted by penguinpaul
grrr. why do you have to be in the us........... does anyone know, inside a rptv, is the projector unit seperate/enclosed, or is each part (lcd etc) all seperate.

hmmm not sure but i could post some pics of it but i dont know how yet tho yea its a bugger to live so m many miles form something that ur looking for that u realy need i know i have done it so many times when looking for something that i realy needed at the time but then went a differnt rought with something tottle differtn but even then some times if doesnt work out
Old 23rd December 2007, 01:22 PM   #195
diyAudio Member

yeh, i had the same problem when trying to get a projection panel - they were all in the US - And when I finally managed to get one in the UK (costed me 3 times the price of one in the us on ebay - 80) 3 weeks after having it, my little sister went and tripped over the cable, knocked the thing of my OHP, and smashed the glass!
Old 14th January 2009, 11:50 AM   #196
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to globalwind
yes, a great projector
have you seen my mini projector
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 14th January 2009, 01:21 PM   #197
diyAudio Member

Wow ! Little and beautiful ! Can you explain the specifications of this projector ? Circuit diagram, etc.. Im very interested. Thanks.
Old 6th December 2009, 06:47 AM   #198
minon is offline minon  Kuwait
diyAudio Member

good
Old 27th January 2011, 05:43 AM   #199
tvparts is offline tvparts  United States
diyAudio Member

If you were to do this project again today, would you still use the 42 watt(2700 lumen) compact floruescent light bulb? If no, what projection tv bulb would you use?

Hide this!Advertise here!