Upgrading/ finishing off my projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, so I have had my projector 99% complete for quite a few years now, and I've finally got it mounted up with an appropriate spot for it :D.
Unfortunately I have realised that the image its going to make is going to be too gorram big!

I beleive this is because i have the 220 330 320 (?) set up which roughly for every meter is back from the screen it creates a meter diagonal image. I have my projector roughly 4 meters back, so its obviously far too large, and therefore dull.

Considering this, i would now like to retrofit my projector to have a longer throw.
From what i remember i will need to re-use the 330 frensel, but place it on the bulb side. Then buy a longer front fresnel, and longer triplet, although i cant remember their measurements, or where to get them.

This is where i need help!

Just in case you haven't figured out this problem yet, it seems that you aren't focusing your triplet lens correctly. Assuming your light source is set up correctly, to reproduce the lcd's image, you must place the triplet a bit farther from the lcd to cast a real image onto your wall. If you are still not getting a crisp image, make sure the distance between the light source and collimator frensel is it's focal length away (in your case 220mm).

I'm sorry if my explanation isnt completely accurate. I'm searching for information about the optics of DIY projectors before I build my own.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.