Help with Hitachi CP-X440 bypass - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th May 2012, 12:41 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help with Hitachi CP-X440 bypass

Hi!

I'm glad to find this forum, I'm sure i can find some help here =)

I have an old Hitachi CP-440 (hitachi-cpx440)but lamp blown up. So I was thinking about replace it with leds or whatever cheaper.

I have reading guides like Commercial Projector Ballast Bypass Guide and many others and I have located the group of wires that come from the ballast to the main board. (IMGP4711)

When I set rear power switch to "1" power led get red (standby), thats normal. Then, in order to measure the voltages, I power on the projector. Then:

Pin 1 (P ON/OFF/CNT) goes 15V (2 seconds) 0V (2 seconds) 15V...
Pin 2 (GND) 0V
Pin 3 (LAMP MISS) +-2V

As I understand this, Pin 1 send signal to power on the lamp, and should be a return in lamp miss saying lamp is on and is not missing or something like that, and this I guess means 0V.

So as I read in some post, I disconnect thouse wires and connect Pin 3 to GND. When I do this in standby (without pressing power on button) fans start running( IMGP4716). After connect Pin3 to GND i press power on button in the main board and power led blinks green and then steady green, fine until now ( IMGP4717 - IMGP4718) But after some seconds Lamp and Temp led start blinking red (IMGP4719), which supposedly means:

"It is time to clean the air fi lter.
Please immediately turn the power OFF, and clean or change the air fi lter by referring to the section “Air Filter”. After cleaning or change the air fi lter, please be sure to reset the fi lter timer. After the treatment, resent the power to ON."

But air filter is clean and fans are running...

I have the service manual with all the schematics but unfortunately ballast one is illegible (Páginas-desdeCP-X444-(sm) )

Thank you!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMGP4711.JPG (310.5 KB, 89 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP4716.JPG (335.6 KB, 81 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP4717.JPG (295.0 KB, 78 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP4718.JPG (350.4 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMGP4719.JPG (322.7 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg hitachi-cpx440.jpg (21.9 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg Páginas-desdeCP-X444-(sm).jpg (236.9 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by xarly; 19th May 2012 at 09:25 PM.
Old 19th May 2012, 09:23 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Sorry for my english, If something is not clear or whatever just tell me =)
Old 25th January 2013, 10:12 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Hi

I have just purchased a cfx 440. The bulb has blown.

I don't want to purchase a Hitachi bulb.

Did you manage to bypass and install your own bulb?

If so, can you tell me how to do it.

Kind Regards

Lee
Old 25th January 2013, 10:29 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xarly View Post
Hi!

I'm glad to find this forum, I'm sure i can find some help here =)

I have an old Hitachi CP-440 (hitachi-cpx440)but lamp blown up. So I was thinking about replace it with leds or whatever cheaper.

I have reading guides like Commercial Projector Ballast Bypass Guide and many others and I have located the group of wires that come from the ballast to the main board. (IMGP4711)

When I set rear power switch to "1" power led get red (standby), thats normal. Then, in order to measure the voltages, I power on the projector. Then:

Pin 1 (P ON/OFF/CNT) goes 15V (2 seconds) 0V (2 seconds) 15V...
Pin 2 (GND) 0V
Pin 3 (LAMP MISS) +-2V

As I understand this, Pin 1 send signal to power on the lamp, and should be a return in lamp miss saying lamp is on and is not missing or something like that, and this I guess means 0V.

So as I read in some post, I disconnect thouse wires and connect Pin 3 to GND. When I do this in standby (without pressing power on button) fans start running( IMGP4716). After connect Pin3 to GND i press power on button in the main board and power led blinks green and then steady green, fine until now ( IMGP4717 - IMGP4718) But after some seconds Lamp and Temp led start blinking red (IMGP4719), which supposedly means:

"It is time to clean the air fi lter.
Please immediately turn the power OFF, and clean or change the air fi lter by referring to the section “Air Filter”. After cleaning or change the air fi lter, please be sure to reset the fi lter timer. After the treatment, resent the power to ON."

But air filter is clean and fans are running...

I have the service manual with all the schematics but unfortunately ballast one is illegible (Páginas-desdeCP-X444-(sm) )

Thank you!
Hi,

I have just purchased cpx 440.

Did you manage to bypass?

And install your own bulb?

Kind Regards

Lee

Hide this!Advertise here!