dual lcds to improve contrast concept

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys

i think that ur idea will NOT work. foir example;

Thuis is the true screen colour:
______
Green
______

If you add this:
______
Black
______

Then the colour will no longer be green, it will be green with a lot of black mixed in as well.

____
Jake
____

There is no "think" involved. It just WONT work. If you wanna improve contrast use polarizers. If you tried and didnt get good results... you used cheap polarizers or the wrong ones.

again... even commercial projectors dont stack LCD's. You would need 2 units with the optics aligned so that it's displayed on the same screen. Which would be worth it.

You'll never improve LCD contrast levels enough to compare to CRTs... It's just not gonna happen! You wont even get CRT black levels with a PLASMA for christs sake.

plasmas suck!!!

lcds will eventually replace every display device today. they are thin cheap and dont duffer from burn-in like plasmas,

contrast? only a matter of time before they are just as good or better than crt displays.

and my idea about dual panels, you still dont get it. i will create an image to help you peeps understand what i mean by dual panels to help with contrast

ap0.

Negative Design said:

i disagree.. yes the black levels won't be comparable TODAY or tomorrow...but NEXT year or even 5 I believe LCDs can defeat CRTS....I saw a Sharp LCD that has 5000:1 ratio thats pretty damn i think but for PLASMAs the most i've seen was 1000:1.

ND

Are you sure it was an ansi measurement? (9 squares, 5 black, 4 white) And not a full black/white measurement?

diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
screw all of this **** lol i go the easier way out but its late so right now i cant be bothered in thinking projector stuff, as for plasma errrrrrrrrrrrrrrkkkkk i hate the colour and the look of them, not real enough for me, want more contrast, buy a higher contrast lcd lol problem solved, as for stacking lcds u cant do it unless u want less light, they have to be singled from each other in a 3 way light engine or 2 in this case and then the image combined on a prisim, that is the only way and its the way sony and all of the rest do it for optimal resaults.

Trev

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.