Proxima 6500x Lamp Fooling (In focus LP650)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im trying to fool a Proxima 6500x aka infocus LP650 into thinking that the bulb is there. its burnt out and i want to replace with an led. the mother board has a 16 pin cable connecting the Main PSU for the unit and the ballast for the light to it. the Ballast and ballast control circuit has been removed aswell as original lamp. There are 6 ballast control wires;

Red--+5v into sender opto cathode plus others
Green--signal back to MB from opto
Blue--Signal to Ballast
White-- no noticable connections
Black--0v annode on 2 recieving optos on ballast

What wires do i connect to trick it into thinking theres a lamp working?

Ive tried;

Green--Red connection.
Green--Black connection.
Red--Black connection.

...none made a change in anything. it tries 5 times to spark lamp with no luck then flashes one red light for the correct error code.

about to connect the blue--green later tonight.

Any ideas. am I in the right area?

been measuring the lines on the 18 pin main cable to the motherboard and found that pins 12 and 13 are 3.3v when trying to start the bulb and drop to 3.25v when resting in between trying. a try for me is when the color wheel starts spinning again, does it 5 times before giving "lamp strike 5 times failure" error.

Grounded both 12 and 13 separately with no luck. the projector wouldnt even turn on making a quiet clicking sound ive heard before when grounding certain ones of the colored wires from above. I think this thread should be renamed "What NOT To Do When Bypassing A Proxima 6500x (Infocus LP650) Ballast". lol.

Hi
I was also trying this but accidentally burnt my ballast. I was almost on verge to crack the problem. Ballast is continuously sending signal/data to motherboard through optocoupler and keeping the motherboard on. I was trying to map this signal by oscilloscope when unfortunately small piece of wire fell on the ballast resulting in its death. If you can map that signal, please do send me its details. If we manage to generate this signal by some microcontroller, we can light up projector by led. You can listen to thiss ignal with the help of headphone. put everything back and put one headphone in series with th optocoupler sending signal to board. you will hear very faint tick tick sound which is acyually signal that carry data for motherboard and keep it on.

lp650

on ballast there is 5 pin connector socket that is used by main board to communicate with ballast. this is through optocouplers. identify the optocoupler used to send signal to main board. draw 2 parallel wires from its ballast side 2 pins and connect to oscilloscope and then switch the projector on, hope your projector has lamp and its in working order. record the digital signal on the oscilloscope till the projector has turned on. we have to simulate this signal to turn the projector on in the absence of lamp. hopw u get it. i heard this signal on headphones but when i was preparing the thing for oscilloscope, i accidentally dropped wire on ballast resulting in its death. if you can record this signal, send me its picture, i will generate this signal with the help of microprocessor and if i succeed, will send you whole trick. regards

Alright, cool. There is something messed up somewhere near my color wheel (my guess) as the projector only works about 10% of the time. It will either not power on or work fine for a few minutes, and then flashes the image through the 3 hues of the color wheel, slowing down how fast it flashes between the 3 until it stops and then the projector turns off. Hopefully I can get a recording of an actual working bootup. I will have a chance to try this on monday or tuesday and will let you know.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.