Small , quick to answer questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
OK, after having reading many of the posts, I have gathered a small list, of small-quick to answer questions, in the hope that somebody helps me out:

Questions are as follows:

1. What size of LCD screen is the minimum recommended to get a decent image quality? Can one get the same image quality with a 5 inch LCD TV screen than with a 5 inch LCD panel?
2. Is it better to use a custom lense barrel with say a convex plano or fresnel lenses, or to get a surplus lense barrel from a proyector?
4. What I've researched so far is that the basic idea is to get an LCD panel or screen ,remove the back of it (Is that hard to do
without damaging the screen?), and place a very good light source behind it to be able to proyect it (Obviously having it arranged in a good housing with a proper lense and focusing system), is that basic idea correct?

I am hoping I will get some answers, please help !!!

Juan

rozojc said:
OK, after having reading many of the posts, I have gathered a small list, of small-quick to answer questions, in the hope that somebody helps me out:

Questions are as follows:

1. What size of LCD screen is the minimum recommended to get a decent image quality? Can one get the same image quality with a 5 inch LCD TV screen than with a 5 inch LCD panel?
2. Is it better to use a custom lense barrel with say a convex plano or fresnel lenses, or to get a surplus lense barrel from a proyector?
4. What I've researched so far is that the basic idea is to get an LCD panel or screen ,remove the back of it (Is that hard to do
without damaging the screen?), and place a very good light source behind it to be able to proyect it (Obviously having it arranged in a good housing with a proper lense and focusing system), is that basic idea correct?

I am hoping I will get some answers, please help !!!

Juan

They are not small questions. but I am trying to give you a quick answer:

1: size doesn't matter, resolution does. if you can find a XGA screen small with cheap price, you will be a hero in this forum.

2: get a projector.

3: where was the 3?

4: correct. again, get a projector to start with. if you want build a custom housing, check out crusher's projects.

1. All 5" LCDs that are within the price range of a project like this are 320*240 or less. One with higher resolution is usually in the $800 price range, well above the price range of a DIY project. Xenarc and Lilliput make 7" widescreen LCDs with 800*480 LCDs that go for around $300, however nobody has used one in a projector this far.

2. People have been most succesful with a salvaged triplet lens from an overhead projector.

3. Yes. For 5" LCDs most people use a lense from a projection TV(available sometimes on eBay), and for 15" use an overhead projector triplet lens. For a 15" monitor you will also need a fresnel lense to spread the light over the LCD.

Monitor

Ehuwiko said:
1. All 5" LCDs that are within the price range of a project like this are 320*240 or less. One with higher resolution is usually in the $800 price range, well above the price range of a DIY project. Xenarc and Lilliput make 7" widescreen LCDs with 800*480 LCDs that go for around $300, however nobody has used one in a projector this far.

2. People have been most succesful with a salvaged triplet lens from an overhead projector.

3. Yes. For 5" LCDs most people use a lense from a projection TV(available sometimes on eBay), and for 15" use an overhead projector triplet lens. For a 15" monitor you will also need a fresnel lense to spread the light over the LCD.

I saw a 6 inches LCD monitor for what would be aproximately US$150 . The brand is Silver Point -Japan- , but they do not give the specs and haven't found them yet... It's supposed to be one of those flat LCD monitors for use in a car or similar, do you have any idea on the specs of that monitor, or has anyone used one of those?

The link of where there sell it here (Colombia) is http://colombia.deremate.com/accdb/viewItem.asp?IDI=3783097

I know without specs one has nothing, so if anyone knows about these monitors and if they are "easy" to dismantle would help,

Thanks and thanks for the answers so far!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.