About mobile lcd TV and other parts...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I' m a real newbie and I have some questions for experts.

I will buy this lcd tv and it costs around $ 130 in my place. It' s Trident ( not real Trident : ) mobile lcd tv and it' s specs;

- 5.6” 4:3 TFT LCD screen (res. 960x234, brightness 185 cd/m2)
- View angle 45°(L/R), 30°/15°(T/D)
- ntsc / pal
- 2 usb , 1 composite
- 12v adaptor
- 900 : 1 contrast rate ........> ( joke : )

I will try this plan firstly .

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

If it won' t work I will dismount the lcd panel. And I will try this plan.

http://www.geocities.com/zark5150/new-lcd1.jpg

http://www.geocities.com/zark5150

My questions;

Has anybody tried these plans with 5" or 6 " lcd tv s or panel.
Has anyone tried any plan with 100 watt economical ampules ( Philips ecotone or that type of economic ampules with yellow day light ...)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor English.

design issues

Looks look you're doing some good planning...but a couple of comments.

Your light plan will not work -- see the post about double light intensity for some reasons dual light sources are a bad idea. Also, I'm not sure of you are using regular houshold bulbs as a generic symbol for your light source, but you do know you can't just use a 60 watt incandescent bulb, right? You illustration does not show a coherent path for the light...the light needs to shine through the LCD panel to the projection lens. Right now, no light can illuminate your panel, because the lights are not behind it and it's sitting on the bottom of your enclosure.

Also, your plans don't include a fresnel lens, which ensures that the light from your light source evenly illuminates the lcd for projection.

You might try a couple of searches in the forum. Look for some information about the use of fresnel lenses, condensor lenses, and light source options.

Many have spent time building plans -- draw from their experience. Good luck!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.