Infocus LP530 Blinking green light, no power

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up an Infocus LP530 DLP projector in need of repair for $10. The green light is solid when I plug it in but when I press the power button the green light blinks with no fans or lamp activity, nothing but the blinking green light.

I have plenty of soldering skills and the ability to use a multimeter. I pulled the power supply out and found no signs of burnt components or swollen/leaky capacitors. The power supply model is a MagneTek 3A49-03-100.

Are there any particular components on the power supply I should check?

I have heard of people blowing their power supplies using the wrong type of bulb but nothing is burnt or popped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Did you ever find a solution to your issue?
i have the EXACT same issue and same model... Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!

I haven't I set aside the projector aside for awhile and decided to work on it some more. I checked all the capacitors in the power supply and found one small cap with its microfarads a bit off. There is a cluster of large caps on one side of the board all with the value of 680 uf. I tested them all and got anywhere from 650uf to 780uf. I'm not sure if that's within tolerance. Any other components to watch out for would be a great help.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.