Go Back   Home > Forums > General Interest > Everything Else > The Moving Image > DIY Projectors

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th June 2011, 10:29 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to fox_rivers
Default Infocus LP530 Blinking green light, no power

I picked up an Infocus LP530 DLP projector in need of repair for $10. The green light is solid when I plug it in but when I press the power button the green light blinks with no fans or lamp activity, nothing but the blinking green light.

I have plenty of soldering skills and the ability to use a multimeter. I pulled the power supply out and found no signs of burnt components or swollen/leaky capacitors. The power supply model is a MagneTek 3A49-03-100.

Are there any particular components on the power supply I should check?

I have heard of people blowing their power supplies using the wrong type of bulb but nothing is burnt or popped.

Any help would be appreciated.
Old 8th July 2011, 12:54 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Did you ever find a solution to your issue?
i have the EXACT same issue and same model... Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!
Old 20th August 2011, 07:08 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to fox_rivers
Quote:
Originally Posted by klabrie View Post
Did you ever find a solution to your issue?
i have the EXACT same issue and same model... Any info would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thank you!
I haven't I set aside the projector aside for awhile and decided to work on it some more. I checked all the capacitors in the power supply and found one small cap with its microfarads a bit off. There is a cluster of large caps on one side of the board all with the value of 680 uf. I tested them all and got anywhere from 650uf to 780uf. I'm not sure if that's within tolerance. Any other components to watch out for would be a great help.
Old 4th August 2012, 03:25 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Default LP 530 - Blinking Green Light

Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I have an Infocus LP530 and after plugging it in and pressing the power button, all I get is a blinking green light. Anyone know of a solution to this problem?

Thanks

Hide this!Advertise here!