India again -HD LCD projector .

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have changed my triplet to 500mm from Optolife.

I will recomend Optolife for all sort of Diy projector related optics ,good service I must say.

:hohoho:

Attachments

• 08122011415.jpg
    08122011415.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 371
  • 08122011418.jpg
    08122011418.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 373
jaydev firstly great project man.congrats.
I am very new in this diy projector idea.now my plan is ben q G61HDAL 15.6 LCD,
optolife lenses,
local light engine.
now u mentioned u had to pay total 124 usd+2000 inr for ur curtis 13.3 right?that is becoming costly fro me,so I decided to use 15.6 ben q G61HDAL.About light i am planning to use 400 watt mh.and I will go for unsplit design.there is one info I want to share to everyone,very good diyer stuff,full hd laptop screen,controller,cables full kit etc are available in china,clientop industry,njytouch.price is also moderate,170 usd including shipping.problem is same,dont know what customs guys will charge.but for those price is not a factor it is the best option for diy projector.please give your inputs about my design.thank you jayadev

jaydev firstly great project man.congrats.
I am very new in this diy projector idea.now my plan is ben q G61HDAL 15.6 LCD,
optolife lenses,
local light engine.
now u mentioned u had to pay total 124 usd+2000 inr for ur curtis 13.3 right?that is becoming costly fro me,so I decided to use 15.6 ben q G61HDAL.About light i am planning to use 400 watt mh.and I will go for unsplit design.there is one info I want to share to everyone,very good diyer stuff,full hd laptop screen,controller,cables full kit etc are available in china,clientop industry,njytouch.price is also moderate,170 usd including shipping.problem is same,dont know what customs guys will charge.but for those price is not a factor it is the best option for diy projector.please give your inputs about my design.thank you jayadev

Yes price is definitly sky high but results are amazing. over cost factor comes to fraction of what branded projector asks for.

15'' lcd would be too bulky to build for home purpose ,i tried once and failed. most of the modern lcd's comes with antiglare mask which reduces brightness almost by 50 percent so better avoided.

Those who are in india looking for small LCDs can have look at
LED Display Products,LCD Display Products,LED Display Products Supplier,LCD Display Products Supplier,India.

I feel their prices are on the higher side. Those in Mumbai can meet them personally and post their opinion here for out station members.
Thanks for the link buddy.
I think "7" On Camera Monitor" from their website looks much good for our purpose with component video input.
Only glitch is it is not HD .

I can vouch for it if price is reasonable ,(less than 6k should be fine.)

Thanks for the link buddy.
I think "7" On Camera Monitor" from their website looks much good for our purpose with component video input.
Only glitch is it is not HD .

I can vouch for it if price is reasonable ,(less than 6k should be fine.)

The price will not be 6K, as I told earlier. More than price, it has all the connection options. I think they can also supply custom made display + control board. Please send them a mail.

concave reflector of 70mm focal length would be perfect , iam yet to find one or else i shall try to make one with stainless steel sheet.!!!

Please tell me how you determined that 70 mm focal length concave reflector is sufficient . The distance from base to the ignited part is more than 15 cm. So IMO the focal length shall be at least 15 cm unless if you are placing the relflector mid way of the bulb.

Curtis 13.3" HD LED TV w/Remote & Adapter, Brand New!
i bought lcd from ebay ,search the above detail. contacted the seller through email and asked if he can ship it to india and he agreed through USPS. then had to pay rs2000/- for customs duty which was collected at post office.simple!!!

fresnel was bought from "www dot 3dlens dot com" again i paid through creditcard (paypal).no customs or duty.!!

the purchase was easy but had to wait long 2 weeks.

its better to purchase an lcd in india for Rs.3400 with 1280x800 Resolution 16:10 ratio.its waste of money to keep money for shipping for available items.

size really does matter in diy pj field....15incher with 720p reso are easily avilable with 3400 inr.
but at the same time with 15incher there will be lots of problem....like uneven brighness(main problem).....very powerfull light(lots of heat)..and need of bigger than 310mm (which are NOT avilable in india)..fresnel lense.plus very big box..
and small lcd with higher reso and lots of input(mainly hdmi)..are not avilable in india.so import is th last option in diy pj field.....
so conclusion is for exxcelnt result we have to spaend more on lcd....its not waste for spending for ur passion......:--)

and in india smaller lcd being sold with 3k and claiming 720p reso lcds are just worthless products for diy pj
btw 7 inch/10 inch true 720p lcd and 7 in 1 controller are avilable at hertzblaster sir for only 8k inr....

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.