Toshiba TDP-B3 How to fake lamp signal(s)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone,

Im completely new to this forum so first a short intro:

I am Rogier from the Netherlands, 21 years old and studying IT.

So here we go, a few days ago I have become the new owner of a Toshiba TDP-B3 DLP Beamer. The lamp in this beamer has died and I want to replace it with an alternative light source.

I have a quite good knowledge about electronics, although im stuck now:

On the UHP Driverboard I bridged the optocoupler that is used for the Lamp-start signal (I assume). The result from this is that the beamer attempts to start the lamp only once instead of running in a "start" cycle.

When O shine a light in the hole where the old UHP bulb was located and I look through the lens I can see the light. It is dim but it's there. Now the weird problem is that the beamer wont show any images on the display itself. It just stays blank.

I think the beamer needs more then only that 1 signal for the bulb. The beamer has the same UHP driver as an InFocus P335 as far as I could find. The main power board has 2 connections going to the driverboard, 1 is power and the other one is a 4 wire (feedback?) line from the driverboard, this is also the line where the optocoupler is connected on.

A third connection is larger then the previous 2, it consists of a 3x5 grid that you can plug on the mainboard.

I have been searching all over the web for a solution for this beamer. But I just cant find any schematics/service manuals for it explaining the pinouts from the main power board.

Once I got this information I might be able to actually start the beamer entirely and see an image.

Is there anyone out there who has the same beamer as I do, or who knows where to find or how to get the beamer up and running without the original lightbulb?

Thanks in advance! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.