Hitachi Rear projection TV - Tricking lamp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have hitachi 50 inch rear projection TV I'm playing around with, it was free.

Is there anyway to trick it in to behaving as if the lamp was functional so I can trouble shoot it.

99-997-016-01.jpg

From the black connector on top there is two wires, one is grounded to the bulb casing, the other is connected to the base of the bulb.

It's basically just two wires running from the plug, no ballast or electronics in the housing.

Thanks for the reply, I hadn't explored the other thread assuming it might be a bit different.

I have two wires coming in to the ballast, I tried grounding all 7 individual contacts with a sewing needle and no luck.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here is the two wires coming out of the ballast, they connect through a plug directly to the bulb, one is a ground and one connects to the base of the bulb.

Would I have better luck simply snipping the all incoming wires to the ballast and grounding them all at once?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.