Cheaper replacement lamps for a305sd, dukane 680, etc.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Got news back from Proto, the 575W HMI bulb I sent to him works on Elmo a305sd projecters!!! According to Jetguy, Dukane 670, 680 use the same lamp, it should work on them too.

The bulb itself is cheap comparing to >$100 on web. I would buy a couple to save on shipping, so I'd like to know who would like to buy it too. Please email me if you are interested. I will figure out how many I should order. Once I get them, I will inform you the cost (bulb itself + divided oversea shipping to me + shipping to you).

new bulb

I tested the bulb for 18wheeler..fired right up, even quicker than my $82 Osram bulb! It seemed to not flicker as much either. Of course it was bright as the sun!

You can put me down for 4 of them.

But what I REALLY WANT is a replacement ballast to run these buggers.........The one in my 305SD seems VERY complex and bulky. I'd love to replace it with a "brick" style ballast....any ideas out there????

Hmmm I actually came across a webpage yesterday that said hmi isnt nearly as efficient, bright, cheap, as hqi. So hqi would be the wayyyy better choice. I wish i had bookmarked that page. Also the only ballast i found for hmi's is HUGE. Im gonna keep looking into them but I think hqi beats hmi.

HMI isn't cheap. Look at the price, you will find most of them are over $100 for bulb alone. But the arc is short, so it is a better point light source then HQI. 575W HMI is smaller (diameter) than a 250W HQI lamp. and HMI 1200w is not too much bigger. I haven't heard any 1200W HQI (well, nobody really need a 1200w HMI:clown: ).

I agree, penny to penny, HQI will better suit more people. This one is paticularly useful for the people who already have or are going to buy an Elmo a305sd or Dukane 670/680 or a few other OHPs. It is meant to be a cheaper replacement bulb. But if anyone comes across a relatively cheap (<=$100) ballast, please let me know. It will be a killer setup for those who donot have these OHPs mentioned.:nod:

the big question is , 575 watt HMI more powerful then 250w HQI, I believe the solar delux is rated at 7500 lumens and a 250 w hqi is something like 20,000 granted thats max and before the stage glass and to a greater extent the lcd. So Im still debating on what will in the end be better for light output, I couldnt care less what the Monstrosity looks like just in its lumen goodness. Tho the solar delux is a sleek looking Item.

HQI's only advantage over HMI is its life and heat. HMI is brighter WAAAY brighter, but HMI has 750 hrs and its color is superb.A ballast under 100$?? ...LOL i doubt that sorry :( the cheapest ballast i could find was 565$ and that ws on ebay.

overall they both have their strenghs and weeknesses,I'll stick to my HQI :) oh pooh, my source sez ballasts r coming soon :)
ballasts are built now hes getting a socket.

EDIT: an HMI is 49,000 lms

EDIT#2 u mmm where did u find HQI for 100$ LOL it can be foundd MANY places for 34$ and 150w for 11.50 UK
I paid 14$ plus shipping(ebay though :) )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.