LP 350 Lamp lit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I picked up an Infocus LP350 that is missing the lamp. Power supply seems to work fine, all fans come on and green LED comes on . After a short time the LED flashes red (lamp counter or lamp missing ??).After reading a number of posts I need to find a pin on a connector with a voltage around 3 volts and ground the main board side to fool it to think lamp is lit. I only see one hard wired connection between powersupply/ballast board and main board , it has 18 pins and more than one that shows around 3 volts . Any suggestions ?
Thanks

Ballast bypass

I've seen posts by people saying they've been able to relamp this model (InFocus LP350) but no responses. On the 18 pin connector(pins go straight down from one board to the other,no wires) I have 2 pins at 3.3 volts and one around 3.14. I disconnected and grounded (3.14v) the one and seemed better, all fans on and green LED stays lit and doesn't turn red.When I try a light source to see what happes all i see is green light from lens,appears that colour wheel not turning.If I power up with pin re-connected light appears clear until red LED lights up indicating a problem and then i can see colour wheel stops and then green or red light from lens and fans stop.
Any help greatly appreciated.

I don't have any pictures at the time but I'll see what I can do.So far it looks like Pin 2 (3 sets of 6) is the 5 volts for the Lamp Enable. Trying to find which of the 3 pins (4,12,14) around 3 volts might be Lamp Lit. When #14 disconnected and tied to ground main LED stays lit green but the colour wheel stops turning.Will try other 2 when I get a chance and will let you know if any luck.

Hey all,

New to forum and hate Necroing threads, but seems someone beat me to it. I'm on another electronics forum and someone there suggested i post here also. here is my post:

So i had a couple of parts projectors from work that happened to still have lamps in them. Which is odd as usually they are taken out and put in the pile for testing purposes.

So i figure, no-one will miss them. I had kept the connector plug from the old shattered bulb. Here's what i did for a laugh.

Bare in mind the infocus is a dead weight as i cant justify $300 for a genuine lamp and the proj was free. Infocus Lamp is a 275W SHP lamp. The projector i had for spares: 150W UHP lamp.

So i spliced the connector plug from the shattered 275W lamp onto the 150W lamp and plugged it in. I managed to get it to sit in the lamp housing of the old one and plugged projector in.

Lamp strikes, illuminates. I get the boot image of the Infocus, a nice blue and it sits there humming away. But after 30 seconds the lamp just goes out and the projector fans keep running. Could be a voltage thing?

Mate seems to think its because the power supply is trying to supply 275 watts into a globe that will only draw 150w. That the globe might be getting too hot and the thermal cut off thats mounted to the side of the chassis is cutting power.

Whats your thoughts?!

Damien

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.