3m 6650 - power supply & general opinion

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Power supply

I was lucky enough to win the afore mention 3M panel. Funny how everyone from ebay bidding on that auction has ended up here ! I found a company this afternoon that had pdfs of some of the 3M spec sheets for these panels and has manged to source a power supply for £20 which isn't bad. If anyone has a manual I'd be interested just to have a look. Will post again once it arrives and I check it out.

Regards

jm3171:)

I've got a 3M 6650 with no power supply, and it uses a male 7-pin DIN about the size of a MIDI cable. Other than that, all I know is that it's 15V DC and 40W, and I've seen one pinout that shows -15V on pin 2 and +15V on pin 6, when you look at the male DIN connector like so:

3 5
2 6
1 7

Anybody have further information? Pinouts, diagrams, or anything? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Isn't it strange revisiting this site after all this time. I too have not posted for about the last three years, but then, when proper LCD projectors with decent specs are selling for less than £500, sometimes even £400 on places like ebuyer or dabs, it all becomes a bit of a no-brainer. I still have my Infocus Powerview - keeping it for antique value, and also as a backup to the X2.

Best wishes to everyone! This is a real trip down memory lane.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.