1080p possible project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I need some guidance.

I was wondering if it's possible to make a 1080p projector. The first inconvenient that I've found is the LCD size.

The smaller 1080p LCD panel that I've found is this one:
Samsung T200HD
http://www.samsung.com/us/consumer/...e=monitors&subtype=lcd&model_cd=LS20TDNSUV/ZA

I dont know if it's possible to unmount the LCD panel for diy proyector use. Assuming that is possible, the next problem is the big size of the fresnel. It will have to be like 45cm x 23cm long.

so, my questinos are
1) is there any smaller LCD capable of 1080p and with video component, hdmi, ... not only vga connections?
2) can I get big fresnel lens ?

thankss
Jorge.

yes, you can source a 15.4" 1080p laptop screen and get a compatible controller. The Pixelworks controllers are the best, they do 1:1 mapping, have hdmi/vga/ etc... but they are a little more expensive. The MST controller is also good, but not as feature laden as the PW, however it does have HDMI. They also come with remote controls which is a bonus

To find the products check: diyprojectorkits ; agilentpixel or ask ywh or hertzblaster here on these forums as they can source the required lenses and panel you desire.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.