A way to build a reflector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:bulb:

I've just find a way to build a reflector, I think ;)
The idea here is to build a frame, not the reflector itself. ( based on a ellipse, but can be whatever you want )
I'll try to explain it, english is not my 1 language so can be difficult

Trace the ellipse you want on a paper or whatever, at the size you need it. Just Trace the ellipse, well the half of it so you have a kind of "U" shape. Then trace a circle on an other paper with a diameter equal to the ellipse height and do and other circle with a smaller diameter, like the half, not so important.

Then go buy some alluminium sheet or something that can be bend. Be sure that the sheet have at least the lenght of the ellipse. Then cut 18 small bands of 1/2".

Take the circle paper and a band, bend the band so you have the same circle you draw. Cut the band if it to long
you have to trace at least 16 lines on this band, here's how:
-Allways divide by 2.
-So begin by divide the band by 2 so you have something like this
|-------|-------|
redo this so you have
|---|---|---|---|
Etc.. to 16 lines total.

Then take your ellipse paper, and bend 16 bands so they have the shape of the ellipse. Then you have to place one of the end on one of the circle line, and the other end to the oposite line of the circle. Glue the band's ends to the circle or tack them! Do this for each bands!

This way you'll have a reflector frame! with the other circle you draw, you can use it to place it lower on the frame to solidify it. You can place as many as you want. With this frame, do what you want, place alluminium foil, or anything relectif, or use it as a mould. Hope it help

hi,

i read your post, because i have problems with my reflektor(s). could you please make some pics of this reflector? my english is also not the best ;-) so it is difficult, to understand, what you mean.
i realy need a reflector. i testet some reflektors, but with only a lens in front of the bulb i get better results.

these are my reflectors i tested:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

with my lens i get folloing result:

with reflectors (i have) my results are less sharper and less brighter ;-(

so i'll test your self-made-reflector.

please help ;-)

thx much ED

I have a suggestion for an alternative to aluminium foil.
Its called flashtac. Its a self adhesive bitumen backed (very) shiny
heavier duty foil. Its made for patching up leaky roofs etc. The foil is much thicker than the foil you use for cooking and is perfectly smooth with no embossed pattern. Its cheap and comes in various widths and roll lengths.
Jon.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.